Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree389Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Veer mini
    lol
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Veer mini
    Reminds me of the smallest violin in the world. Imagine how small the Veer would be then...
    They'll call it the Vii
    nicosouv likes this.
    I think something is related with gr.am (I can't access to their website).
    Or maybe "just" an update for PrPrPré $3$? $WebOS$ $3$.$0$.$5$ $for$ $pr$é?

The only thing I'm sure is that we have too much expectation
    Quote Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
    reminds me of the smallest violin in the world. Imagine how small the veer would be then...
    zoolander-phone.jpg
    Vistaus and renater like this.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    AlexanderJJJ likes this.
    webOS phone?? sure???
    Quote Originally Posted by alfabetapeta View Post
    webOS phone?? sure???
    did you even click on the link? not saying its a troll, its just a bit of a stretch
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    kevets and Vistaus like this.
    WebOS isn't written anywhere!
    You obviously missed the in kevets post.
    All in line with the wild speculation in this thread.

As always with too-high expectations, we will be disappointed, I'm afraid.
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    did you even click on the link? not saying its a troll, its just a bit of a stretch
    Ironically I was saying, I only found 1 time writing "webos" throughout the article and is in one of the comments thor_e, but was hoping you might know something more..
    Oh how'd that get in there? Sorry guys must have been a typo. A guy can dream right? I typed a winky face.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Isandunk and xandros9 like this.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Yah, that is my wishful thinking due to timing of that article and this "rumor". However, Derek says to set our sites lower than thinking about new devices and to think of something that's happened in the past. So...probably not.

Also, Samsung and others have already been working on trying to get current OS implementations (i.e. Android) onto flexible displays, so there's a lot of experience out there in that regard to lean on for assistance in the development community for them. Then there's the fact that if they are going to expect it to be widely sought after, they would at least start with an Android version that millions are comfortable with, and then move onto possible other OSes.

Also, LG's TV division licensed the OS, so I would imagine it would've taken awhile to trickle over to mobile and start getting on devices already.

However, I will at least try and cross my fingers with you, that something this great ever could be.
    Vistaus likes this.
    I think webOS would work fine on a flexible display. It's not so much OS-related, it's more related to how the display will function and will stand out over longer periods of time.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'm not sure what LG's numbers are on Android sales, but using their brand name to further the webOS cause wouldn't be a bad idea. Samsung clearly is the new Android king, if by nothing but sheer volume. Motorola could overtake them with the work they're doing since being purchased by Google. I'd love to see a new webOS device. Hell, maybe there's a smartwatch coming.
    Vistaus likes this.
    kevets,

I lol'd. a lot.

+1
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    If I was writing an episode of Sliders,

Sliders.JPG

and I had to "invent" an alternate universe for webOS (featuring Jerry O'Connell), my alternate reality or wish list as it might be, would be:

LG & HP are partnering up in a webOS initiative. LG would handle the phones, while HP takes care of the tablet version. In this scenario, LG & HP's use of other Operating systems (Android, Windows etc.) would be separate and not part of this initative.

This Co-operative endeavour would oversee the development of webOS, and all the necessary ingredients including app development, while HP would handle the associated cloud services. For their part, LG would acquire (or lease) certain patents for the Windsornot, Pre 4 (??), and whatever smartphone gadgets in development - even those on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansing2002 View Post

Sliders.JPG

and I had to "invent" an alternate universe for webOS (featuring Jerry O'Connell), my alternate reality or wish list as it might be, would be:

LG & HP are partnering up in a webOS initiative. LG would handle the phones, while HP takes care of the tablet version. In this scenario, LG & HP's use of other Operating systems (Android, Windows etc.) would be separate and not part of this initative.

This Co-operative endeavour would oversee the development of webOS, and all the necessary ingredients including app development, while HP would handle the associated cloud services. For their part, LG would acquire (or lease) certain patents for the Windsornot, Pre 4 (??), and whatever smartphone gadgets in development - even those on paper.

Who's going to write the webOS fanfic? I don't think Kessler has the time. Plus it would probably kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansing2002 View Post

Sliders.JPG

I can see it: then Samsung buys them, and kills webOS.
    Newness Developments apps:

HP Slate 7 (E0H92AA#ABA) went from notify me, to buy now...

Slate 7 Tablet | HP® Official Site

Maybe someone has Open webOS running on it?

Free shipping... Two Business Days FREE