Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  • 2 Post By berdinkerdickle
  • 1 Post By pogeypre
  • 1 Post By fatclue_98
  • 1 Post By ananimus
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    What would you have done if you were made CEO of HP after Apotheker? I would have raised webOS and refreshed it with the HP Veer Plus, HP Pre3 Plus, TouchPad Plus, and of course the TouchPad Go. The Pre3 would have made it to America, along with more than just a few EU countries. All phones would be available on Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T that order. Also the TouchStone 2 would have made it out and finally, the HP Note (Windsor Not) would be available with webOS 2.2.5 as we worked to resize 3.0.6 for current devices. The PrPrPr&#$275$; $2$ $would$ $be$ $updated$ $to$ $2$.$2$.$5$ $and$ $stayed$ $there$, $and$ $all$ $current$ $users$ $would$ $have$ $a$ $new$ $rear$ $plate$ $sent$ $to$ $them$ $with$ $TTS$ $installed$. $All$ $devices$, $including$ $the$ $16$, $and$ $32GB$ $TPs$ $would$ $be$ $in$ $white$ $as$ $well$ $as$ $the$ $Pr$&#$275$; $2$.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Apotheker killed webOS in a way that probably couldn't be resurrected... killed the brand, and killed any possible market value, he accomplished his goal and was rewarded nicely with his severance package. I will leave it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Apotheker killed webOS in a way that probably couldn't be resurrected... killed the brand, and killed any possible market value, he accomplished his goal and was rewarded nicely with his severance package. I will leave it at that.
    True to that, not only Apotheker killed WebOS entirely until the point of no return...Let's not forget more damage was made to WebOS in general, thanks to the knuckleheads of the HP's CEO better known as Mrs. blondezilla Whitman.

She[silly Whitman] more to blame to what's happening to WebOS, mostly because she could have picked up WebOS doing the smart way (making further improvements to the Operating System with more updates/releasing the Pre 3 to the market). Then, She wasted months of deciding "what to do" with WebOS (until HP announced months later of going the route of Open Source), that time that could been spent with making the team of WebOS more efficient into putting more time with improving WebOS in order to keep improving v3.0 to rival other operating systems like Google Android/iOS. And top things off, she stupidly reduced the workforce of WebOS engineers to less than 250 people, forcing people to leave HP to work for other companies....people who had the real talent left WebOS causing a bit of strain on team at WebOS that remained at HP (maybe that is the reason of the months/days of delays to release Open WebOS).
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 04/18/2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    True to that, not only Apotheker killed WebOS entirely until the point of no return...Let's not forget more damage was made to WebOS in general, thanks to the knuckleheads of the HP's CEO better known as Mrs. blondezilla Whitman.

She[silly Whitman] more to blame to what's happening to WebOS, mostly because she could have picked up WebOS doing the smart way (making further improvements to the Operating System with more updates/releasing the Pre 3 to the market). Then, She wasted months of deciding "what to do" with WebOS (until HP announced months later of going the route of Open Source), that time that could been spent with making the team of WebOS more efficient into putting more time with improving WebOS in order to keep improving v3.0 to rival other operating systems like Google Android/iOS. And top things off, she stupidly reduced the workforce of WebOS engineers to less than 250 people, forcing people to leave HP to work for other companies....people who had the real talent left WebOS causing a bit of strain on team at WebOS that remained at HP (maybe that is the reason of the months/days of delays to release Open WebOS).
    How about Whitman put webOS on the market, whilst catering for existing customers with a few updates, and when it didn't sell like hot cakes, made the crew redundant and finally decided to Open Source (most of) it?
    Then LG finally snuck out of the woodwork!

I'd have put all resources necessary into upholding and fine tuning webOS and improving it's line of products, until it overcame the market 'reticence' and was recognised as actually being truly brilliant!
    I would also have tried to do deals with Google.. not M$soft. Get access to their App market interface somehow.

Hey Ho..

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  5.    #5  
    Grrrr, forget the fact that Apotheker messed things up, pretend everything was still intact mostly, what would you do next
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Grrrr, forget the fact that Apotheker messed things up, pretend everything was still intact mostly, what would you do next
    ~ Pretend to remember to go back in time and shoot him?

Last edited by Mutoidi; 04/19/2013 at 03:17 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Rnp likes this.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/19/2013 at 03:35 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    pogeypre and Rnp like this.
    Apotheker killed WebOS because he was a numbers guy. He saw iOS and Android and didn't have the stomach to put the money into WebOS to make it successful. Imagine trying to get Britney Spears to keep her clothes on or Cookie Monster to cut cookies out of his diet. Never going to happen. The same goes for product oriented companies. Put a numbers guy in charge and the whole thing is shot to hell.

Best thing HP could have done would have been to give WebOS another year and a billion dollars. That would have carved out 7-9 percent of the market and made phones much more cuddly.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Rnp likes this.
    What would I have done as the new CEO of HP? Send Luca Brazzi to pay that a-hole a visit and invite him to a fishing trip with Fredo.
    vgg likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Hate to say it, but this.

By Whitman, it was too late for all practical intent. How are you ever supposed to recover after something like the TouchPad firesale one month into such a clear marketing push?

That said, my condolences to the former Palm team who were sent home and applause to those keeping the spark alive. I still think webOS is the most useable, enjoyable OS out there.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Well Apofracker wanted HP to be like IBM. And look at IBM's latest earnings vs what Lenovo is doing...

IBM stock tumbles on first earnings miss since 2005

Oh the irony. The board is fracking stupid to let Mark Hurd go.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    vgg likes this.