Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 4 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 3 Post By patchiman
  1.    #1  
    Interesting article by MobileTrax Principal Analyst, Gerry Purdy on how the LG purchase of webOS may truly shake up the market over the next few years.

Why LG's purchase of webOS from HP could shake up the mobile market | TabTimes
    cujoq37, renater, Rnp and 4 others like this.
    No doubt it's hard to believe LG could have such a gem on their hands and not use it for what is was designed for and works so well.

But then again hp did throw it away
    Last edited by laingman; 03/27/2013 at 12:58 AM.
  3.    #3  
    HP also was run by a ruttin mad-man for a year and the company imploded. I have a feeling that LG knows what they have with webOS. Not being overly optimistic, but I can see them getting a ton of features on a webOS television and then, depending on how well the tv's did, bringing a webOS phone out that ties a bunch of those features together with a mobile device. This is why I've never been a fan of watching chess games - they take a long time to set up moves.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    One the way they would need to do is solve the app issue. If they were able to get the developera make the top 100 apps that people are looking for in Google Play or iTuness, then it would make it easier for people to jump over.

The other option is to make the device compatible out of the box with Android apps to run on it, it would a quick fix to the lack of apps that people are looking for. Having Google Play access would defiantly be a boon. This way people would not need to unnecessarily purchase all over again.

I know people here would rather have native apps written specifically for webos and Enyo, but unfortunately webos needs to be adopted by the masses who know nothing or care how great this OS is. They want their Netflix, instagram, and Fruit Nija apps. They understand iPhone and android but think that jelly beans and ice cream sandwich are snacks and not the name of the current OS they are using.

I know RIM (or BB known now) made their tablet Android compatible, but the company became irrelevant and could not get the message out strong enough for people to care.
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    needs to be a company somewhere, somehow that isnt going to end up like microsoft/google/apple, each seemingly now wanting to retract support for each others apps/hardware/services and forcing you into just their domains. Gets more depressing when we keep hearing <random company> removes support for <other company's> app/service/whatever, seems to be appearing in the news more often now.

Probably a bigger concern for google/android as their supposed to be open tho it seems their wanting to become more and more shutin as their OS advances.

LG just needs to actually do more with webOS than HP did (tbh that cant be hard can it), and also continue pushing Enyo2 into the wild on loads of devices/OS with continual improvements.

the old "its nto a sprint its a marathon" to me is invalid, considering the quantity of things that require attention id say "its not a marathon, its a decathalon".
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    HP also was run by a ruttin mad-man for a year and the company imploded. I have a feeling that LG knows what they have with webOS. Not being overly optimistic, but I can see them getting a ton of features on a webOS television and then, depending on how well the tv's did, bringing a webOS phone out that ties a bunch of those features together with a mobile device. This is why I've never been a fan of watching chess games - they take a long time to set up moves.
    If you've looked at the LG smartwatch rumors, LG might release a WebOS smartwatch to show off scaling along with a new phone. Watch/TV/Phone sync would be heavenly.
    thanks for sharing this wonderful article
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by patchiman View Post
    If you've looked at the LG smartwatch rumors, LG might release a WebOS smartwatch to show off scaling along with a new phone. Watch/TV/Phone sync would be heavenly.
    For the record, the rumor is that LG is working on a smartwatch. That it could run webOS is pure speculation.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    For the record, was a pretty good cd.

Sent using Tapatalk