1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried using Omniremote with the Treo?
    If so then how well does it work is the range all right?
    Range wasn't all that great in my experience, maybe 5-6 ft, but that was a while ago, I don't remember exactly. Have you tried the demo?
  3.    #3  
    Well the thing is that I use omniremote quite a lot with my sony T665 but Im thinking about buying a treo so I was just wondering
    I wouldn't bother. Try the demo version first, but I have tried it along with other programs like AirClock and the range from my 270 was really bad.
    Tried it on my 180 and terrible - I wouldn't trust my Treo to do anything properly so you might want to go for a dedicated remote like the OneForAll Kameleon (I think they are rebadged in the U.S as RadioShack Kameleon).
    you might want to try an search on grokster before you buy. I heard that it might have stuff like that.

-rob
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I tried the 15 day trial of Phillips proto Lite, which is based on their great pronto remote software.

I found range was only about 5 or 6 feet so the treo IRDA is just too weak to make it practical. A shame because the software worked great...
    Mark F Chinsky
    Originally posted by ice5339
    Well the thing is that I use omniremote quite a lot with my sony T665 but Im thinking about buying a treo so I was just wondering
    The Sony units come with an enhanced range infrared port, which works at much farther distance than the treo. It would be great if HS enhance the infrared port on the next treo.
    joe