Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    For some undetermined reason, I started getting the message "The incoming mail server pop.mail.yahoo.com is not responding. Connection closed."

Any ideas how to get past this and get my mail. It worked fine until I tried today (I did not try for 3 days previously as I was out of Sprint range)?
    Originally posted by ralerner
    For some undetermined reason, I started getting the message "The incoming mail server pop.mail.yahoo.com is not responding. Connection closed."

Any ideas how to get past this and get my mail. It worked fine until I tried today (I did not try for 3 days previously as I was out of Sprint range)?
    I'm getting the same problem. It was fine until about a day ago. I did a soft and harde reset, reprovisioned the data, and had a trouble ticket opened (we all know what that's good for). Still doen't work. I can surf the web and use Verichat just fine. But i can't send or receive email or send or recieve SMS. I was informed that the email and sms use separate connections (ports?) than blazer. How annoying!! Is there anyway to try different ports? Or anyone else have any similar issues or suggestions?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I am still having the same problem and I am not sure it is not at their end. I was able to retrieve mail at around 8:15am pst this morning.

I will keep trying.............
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Whatever was wrong apparently fixed itself. I am now able to get both my Yahoo email as well as POP mail that we use at work (XO is the host).

Hopefully someday we will find out what causes these problems. It may be something at Sprint's end, but who knows!
    If I'm not mistaken, Yahoo will not "Foward" their email service to any other server, unless you pay them $24.95 per year, as I have done.

Now I can get yahoo mail in Outlook, Outlook Express, and of course SnapperMail
    If I'm not mistaken, Yahoo will not "Foward" their email service to any other server, unless you pay them $24.95 per year, as I have done.

Now I can get yahoo mail in Outlook, Outlook Express, and of course SnapperMail
    This is my question exactly! Have those of you who have pop3 yahoo mail access paying for the premium service?

Thanx
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    That is what I do.
    I love Yahoo mail. It's rather like POP3 and IMAP combined. And I especially like the SMS email alerts that I have sent to my phone.