1.    #1  
    Check out this article

Sounds interesting.

Unfortunately I think the ship may have passed for open webOS since there are too few developers left to make it worthwhile

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/3/18...n-beat-samsung

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX, but webOS is always in me...
    China Wholesale Android Phones, Cheap Discount Android Phones For Sale - Szprice.com

try looking thru sites like that for chineese/hong kong/foreign knockoff devices as well, might well find a gem among the masses, ive had 2 tablets from hong kong amazingly cheap and theres not a thing wrong with them apart from perhaps amazingly bad wall adaptors (1 of them does have pretty bad battery life tho), but thats no big deal when they typically use the same as our touchpad/pre3 chargers anyways.

id probably get my nephew something like.
    Buy Cheap 4.7" S9300 MTK6577 Dual Core Android 4.1 Capacitive GPS WiFi 3G 1G/4G SmartPhone from China - Szprice.com

to replace the cheap (and largely useless) dumbphone hes got atm, would stop him stealing his mothers new LG phone to play games on.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    These look NICE, if only we could have them with webOS ported to it! Are the drivers of these Mediatek chips opensourced?
    bound to be something in there somewhere, guessing wed end up with the usual gfx driver stumbling block tho. also the fact that it would probably end up costly aquiring some to play with to find out.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    bound to be something in there somewhere, guessing wed end up with the usual gfx driver stumbling block tho. also the fact that it would probably end up costly aquiring some to play with to find out.
    I think with a quick donation round on these forums again, we would have enough money soon to buy a couple of these phones for the webos ports team (or some other extremely smart guys who are able to port stuff)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    But then again, lets focus on one thing first. Atleast i hope they (the whole ports team) are still working on the nexus ports.. Havent heared from them in a while...
    Quote Originally Posted by g.vos View Post
    But then again, lets focus on one thing first. Atleast i hope they (the whole ports team) are still working on the nexus ports.. Havent heared from them in a while...
    lots of work for few people on multiple projects.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    lots of work for few people on multiple projects.
    are they working on different projects atm? afaikafaikafaik $the$ $N7$ $and$ $the$ $Gnex$ $are$ $the$ $only$ $2$ $right$? $As$ $some$ $said$ $earlier$ $those$ $are$ $almost$ $exactly$ $the$ $same$.

Still though, i can believe it is a LOT of work for only a couple of guys together..
    its not just porting webOS work they do tho, some/many also do the rounds on "regular" apps/patches etc.
    Keep in mind, there are the other things needed as well. They are working on preware2 very hard right now, its in the alpha feeds, things like that are just as important, gotta be able to install software onto an os don't you?
    I'm not sure how much R&D one of these Chinese OEMs would put into writing drivers for Open webOS. It would be cool if one of them tried...

Hard to imagine one of those factories trying to differentiate when they are all so desperate to blend into the mainstream.

*shrug*
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Couldn't the guys from the Phoenix foundation or whichever contact these guys and extend an olive branch and maybe open them up to a new community of possible clients?

Or at least get a few phones for webOS Ports to bang on

That would be amazing if one of these OS-for-hire phones gave Open webOS a chance.

edit: I'm lame and just sent this over on their contact page BluProducts
    Would Blu consider a model that runs Open webOS a viable option?

There are groups already working on getting working versions on some Nexus devices and there is a passionate community of users left without new hardware since 2011 who are very interested in keeping the platform alive. I think your products look great and having a multi-OS approach may be a unique approach that could draw more attention to this brand. Best of luck! -SK

WebOS-Ports
    https://github.com/openwebos
    Open webOS
    Last edited by kevets; 03/21/2013 at 01:18 PM.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html