1.    #1  
    I've decided that I want a Treo 270 with service through T-Mobile. I want to know if now is good time to buy, or if I should wait a month or three because, for example, a new model is coming out or discounts are upcoming, or whatever.

Any advice is appreciated.

-C
    I'm in the same place you are. My advice is to wait till CTIA and see if there might be something better coming from Handspring. I actually tried a 300 with Sprint for a couple of days but took it back. I'm waiting for Treo form factor with high/res, color, OS 5, memory expansion with MP3 capabilities.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    I don't know. But after evaluating the P800 and Treo 270, I finally decided to make it my anniversary gift for myself
    So which one are you getting for your anniversary? If the P800 where?
    Oh, I chose the Treo 270.

MMS is not yet ready for mass pickup. Neither are our local carriers. I would rather buy a digicam than a P800. I have never been a multimedia guy on a phone.

I need it to do business while on the run. I am happy with it. It is a joy. If only I could tell my congregation, would you pls. turn your Treo to chapter and verse (because the Treo has a Bible software on it )...
    Thanks. The 270 would be my choice but it is sooo pricy. I have a 180 and would like to upgrade but haven't found any way to get close to the Treo 300 price of $249.00 N either T-Mobile nor Handspring will do anything to keep a loyal user.
    Originally posted by ManofTrueGod
    If only I could tell my congregation, would you pls. turn your Treo to chapter and verse (because the Treo has a Bible software on it )...
    Hey ManofTrueGod, I'm a pastor too. (The River in Melbourne, FL) I love the way the Treo has maximized my effectiveness. I've used it for speaking impromtu messages and have actually used it in a wedding. It's pretty cool to sip a latte at Barnes and Nobles while tweaking your sermon!
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Perhaps you need to ask yourself what is it exactly that you are looking for or need. Some cell phones are free nowadays with a yearly activation commitment (as low as $19.95 monthly service). If talking on the phone is all that you do then get one of them-free phones. However, if you are looking for a PDA/phone combo then you are indeed paying for a more sophisticated gizmo that can do a lot more than just an average phone does. If you think about it, a PDA alone (Clie, Palm, Visor, etc.) is not cheap either, yet it provides an amazing array of functionalities that are fun and productive. I spent more money on my laptop than my Treo yet I use my Treo 270 a ton more. Money, it seems, is relative.
    m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I agree with your assessment. I spent mucho dollars on HP690, HP720, HP 540, iPAQ's, PalmVII, Palm, and finally my Treo 180. I don't even want to talk about the Laptops (Although I use them 8 hours a day.) The Treo 180 is the best investment I've made. Great job of convergence of the technologies as long as one is careful about 3rd party software. My only pain is rationalizing $699.00 to go from the 180 to the 270, particularly since they send me a new or refurbed unit every few months when I experience some problem! I'm a huge fan of Handspring and hope they can hang in there!
    Originally posted by melvinbotchin
    I agree with your assessment. I spent mucho dollars on HP690, HP720, HP 540, iPAQ's, PalmVII, Palm, and finally my Treo 180. I don't even want to talk about the Laptops (Although I use them 8 hours a day.) The Treo 180 is the best investment I've made. Great job of convergence of the technologies as long as one is careful about 3rd party software. My only pain is rationalizing $699.00 to go from the 180 to the 270, particularly since they send me a new or refurbed unit every few months when I experience some problem! I'm a huge fan of Handspring and hope they can hang in there!
    I got my Treo 270 on Ebay for $436.00 and it is working great

m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain