Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Garrett92C
  • 2 Post By mattmayatt
  • 2 Post By dgcorn
  • 1 Post By laoh
  • 1 Post By boovish
  1. #2  
    Eh, I think the Nexus 4 charging orb is more like a Touchstone.

    Personally, it doesn't bother me. The more wireless chargers, the better.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  2.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Eh, I think the Nexus 4 charging orb is more like a Touchstone.

    Personally, it doesn't bother me. The more wireless chargers, the better.
    I agree, so long as they are all inter-operable. (Which the Touchstone was not of course).
  3. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I agree, so long as they are all inter-operable. (Which the Touchstone was not of course).
    Yep, all of these new chargers use the Qi standard. I'm so happy that wireless charging is in the mainstream now. The Touchstone was way ahead of it's time.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Vistaus and renater like this.
  4. #5  
    love the touchstone , more wireless charging docks the better , will be getting one when I purchase the Nokia 720 :-)
    sledge007 and Vistaus like this.
  5. dgcorn's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #6  
    Interestingly enough, the world's smallest wireless charger appears to have a larger diameter than the touchstone which means they made it flatter. I much prefer the tilt of the touchstone and the orb.
    Garrett92C and treodoc755 like this.
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Eh, I think the Nexus 4 charging orb is more like a Touchstone.

    Personally, it doesn't bother me. The more wireless chargers, the better.
    The orb is so freakin' big (for what reason?)! I liked Touchstone size (and the magnetic strength and sticky underneath)
    Vistaus likes this.
  7. #8  
    Why not, LG now owns the patents...
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    Why not, LG now owns the patents...
    Actually they do not. The Palm patent portfolio was not part of the sale. LG will be leasing whatever patents necessary from HP.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

    RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

    Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
  9. #10  
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Vistaus likes this.
  10. #11  
    Once I complete integrating a Qi charging pad into my Pre3 extended back, I want to get some of these LG chargers (or possibly the Nexus 4 one).
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  11. #12  
    4 years late to the party, but better late then never. Now all we need is Apple to offer it wireless charging and call it icharge
  12. workerb's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #13  
    Hmmm... these do look similar to the Touchstone charger. Does anyone think that HP use the threat of a patent lawsuit to get LG to invest in webOS. I know they were already going to use the OS for their TVs but not sure they planned on buying part of the assets. Or maybe they invested to quell the possibility of a lawsuit.

    In any case, nice to have wireless charging. But one less thing to hold us to our aging webOS hardware.
  13. jlamb0's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #14  
    I wish there were more touchstone clones out there! I truly don't understand why more manufacturers aren't putting magnets in their phones and docks. It's such an obvious solution!

    I just don't get it.
  14. #15  
    Mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
  15. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by workerb View Post
    Hmmm... these do look similar to the Touchstone charger. Does anyone think that HP use the threat of a patent lawsuit to get LG to invest in webOS. I know they were already going to use the OS for their TVs but not sure they planned on buying part of the assets. Or maybe they invested to quell the possibility of a lawsuit.

    In any case, nice to have wireless charging. But one less thing to hold us to our aging webOS hardware.
    why would HP use their own patents to threaten the first company who has agreed to using webos in any way?
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  16. #17  
    good their actually using the touchstone type tech hopefully in a more grand manor than hp did, use it, and use it for as much as they can product wise i say.

    bit of a joke hp has the patents but never used it for their other product ranges, seemed damned thick of them to have a good future tech and bring out new devices that didnt use it.

    very backwards.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 02/27/2013 at 05:01 AM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  17. #18  
    So... when we gonna buy the TVīs with wireless charging?

    #okIstopped


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    So... when we gonna buy the TVīs with wireless charging?

    #okIstopped


    Best Regards...
    wall mounted puck? hope the magnets are good.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  19. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    4 years late to the party, but better late then never. Now all we need is Apple to offer it wireless charging and call it icharge
    Actually, Apple already has it more or less. They sell a wireless charging pad for the Magic Mouse so they already have whatever technology powers that and could use that for the iPhone/iPad as well.

Posting Permissions