webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  General News & Discussion > HP building multiple tablets this year
HP building multiple tablets this year

Old 02/24/2013, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

From the verge:
HP building multiple tablets this year: 'we want to be the number one computer vendor' | The Verge

HP's Slate 7 is just the beginning. The company sees the writing on the wall: if you add in all the iPad sales, Apple not HP is selling the most computers these days. So, faced with declining PC sales and the growing popularity of Apple's slate, HP has decided to build an entire portfolio of tablets, both Android and Windows, to maintain its position in personal computing.

"WE NEED TO BE IN THE TABLET SPACE."

"HP is the number one PC manufacturer in the world, and we want to be the number one computer vendor in the world. That means we need to be in the tablet space."
Old 02/24/2013, 12:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yup, HP wants to be like everyone else. It's not as if there are enough Android devices out there, and it's not as if Windows RT isn't selling well. From what I remember, their previous tablets were flops too.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/24/2013, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

devestation via lack of innovation

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0