Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I use KeyContacts w/ my Treo 300, but I also have to use regular Contacts or I won't have my phone numbers in my dialer. Unfortunately, this causes my Outlook contacts to lose a lot of their special fields, such as Home and Business addresses.

I may have a solution.

I have set KeyContacts to Synchronize, and I have set Contacts to Outlook overwrites Handheld.

I think this will allow me to have the benefits of the advanced fields of KeyContacts, while keeping my contacts up to date for the dialing software.

Just thought I would share. I will post an up date after I have tested this for a few days.
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney
    Originally posted by russelb
    I use KeyContacts w/ my Treo 300, but I also have to use regular Contacts or I won't have my phone numbers in my dialer. Unfortunately, this causes my Outlook contacts to lose a lot of their special fields, such as Home and Business addresses.

I may have a solution.

I have set KeyContacts to Synchronize, and I have set Contacts to Outlook overwrites Handheld.

I think this will allow me to have the benefits of the advanced fields of KeyContacts, while keeping my contacts up to date for the dialing software.

Just thought I would share. I will post an up date after I have tested this for a few days.
    Hi,

I too have been considering KeyContacts but was not sure how it handles beaming to/from other Palms without KeyContacts. The standard address book or phone book don't support as many categories, fields, etc.

I thought it would basically replace phonebook but I guess the dialer is hard-coded to use phonebook and cannot be configured to use another program? Bummer!!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Okay, I have been playing around with Outlook for the last day and setting your Hotsync the way I have proposed allows you to keep the dialer up to date without losing the special fields in Outlook.
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney