Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 97 of 97
Like Tree23Likes
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yesterday was D-Day for Palm (and HP -- that means my Touchpad too) devices and the Exchange server at work. Worked fine until about 5pm, then stopped syncing, and I started getting these emails in my inbox (just not on my phone):



    I left out some of the detail, but that looks more like a negative-rule than an unsupported feature error to me.

    Well that is really sad to hear, especially also for the Community. But for me losing EAS support would also be a no go. I use it for private calendar,Contacts, tasks (Zarafa Server) and work email,calendar (MS Exchange 2010). That's one of the reasons openWebOS is no deal for me for now.

    Here is a (never updated to webOS 2/3.x) table with EAS Client feature support:
    Comparison of Exchange ActiveSync clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    So there really could be password policies... that webOS can't offer (but sad your IT doesn't tell you that).

    just for your personal peace and to give others the info, you could try to check the logs while syncing or check out more intensive eas logging via mojomail-eas-debug from console:
    Exchange + Google (Calendar) working!
    Perhaps you see the policy failing there.

    *As i pointed out above I still use webOS as daily driver on Pre2 and TouchPad and other webOS Phones as Dev Devices.
    *I have no non webOS phones. I have I working Android Partition on TP i haven't used so far.
    *I don't think I will switch devices at least this year, as long as my sync (EAS,Google) and apps that are installed are working.
  2. #82  
    I haven't had time this week to look through the original logs, but successive sync attempts showed nothing interesting. It seems obvious enough that it is simply a targeted rule, as outages for upgrades are widely announced and since it was working fine all day until the last time each device tried to sync after about 4:30pm.
  3. rgloor's Avatar
    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    #83  
    A Pre3 is my daily phone.
    Also having a Pre+ as an emergency backup.

    Of course I miss some apps. But most companies create mobile apps only for iOS and Android.
    I also looked around and must say: webOS general handling and GUI is still the best available.
    So I can't really switch.

    But I wished, there would be a good CalDAV / CardDAV Synergy Connector.
    So I can live with it for another year or two. :-)
    Last edited by rgloor; 03/02/2013 at 07:09 AM.
  4. #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Well that is really sad to hear, especially also for the Community. But for me losing EAS support would also be a no go. I use it for private calendar,Contacts, tasks (Zarafa Server) and work email,calendar (MS Exchange 2010). That's one of the reasons openWebOS is no deal for me for now.

    Here is a (never updated to webOS 2/3.x) table with EAS Client feature support:
    Comparison of Exchange ActiveSync clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    So there really could be password policies... that webOS can't offer (but sad your IT doesn't tell you that).

    just for your personal peace and to give others the info, you could try to check the logs while syncing or check out more intensive eas logging via mojomail-eas-debug from console:
    Exchange + Google (Calendar) working!
    Perhaps you see the policy failing there.

    *As i pointed out above I still use webOS as daily driver on Pre2 and TouchPad and other webOS Phones as Dev Devices.
    *I have no non webOS phones. I have I working Android Partition on TP i haven't used so far.
    *I don't think I will switch devices at least this year, as long as my sync (EAS,Google) and apps that are installed are working.
    Wow, went through that list and the only OS that has every feature working is also the oldest, Windows Mobile 6.x. BTW, to stay on point with the thread, my only phone is a Pre3 and my wife is thoroughly addicted to her Pre2. Since I'm a glutton for punishment, my note-taking sidekick is a Palm T/X.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    Wow, went through that list and the only OS that has every feature working is also the oldest, Windows Mobile 6.x..
    ::gets out his old HTC Mogul 6800::

    ...but not really. webOS is still very much in my life. I really don't goof off much with my phone in the day-to-day, so I don't miss most of the apps. My Pre (minus/2/now 3) does best what I want it to do: gets me to the info I want and lets me shuffle it around easily. Calendar, email, messaging, a little social networking, EAS searches, a few games for fun, info searches, directions.

    I pop the keyboard and type what I need. If I have it, it's there. If it's not, I can find it or add it right away. If I'm swapping info around, well... can't beat the cards.

    For all those things it's a pleasure to use. It "ain't broke!" So here I am.
    rgloor likes this.
  6. #86  
    my wife And I use 2 Touchpads and we have two Pre and one Pixi on Sprint. We use webOS for about 80% of our computer needs.

    WEBOS FOREVER! Piece of junk Apple and Android never!
  7. plyboult's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #87  
    Adding a pre 3 soon and I really hope to be using it awhile (last phone I had at least 6 months was the Pixi).

    Was $217 a little much for the Pre 3 (on VZW via eBay)?
  8. #88  
    I know lots of folks that paid much more for Pre3 on VZW, I paid more for my GSM version, but it was NIB and a year and a half ago almost.
    bevcraw likes this.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I know lots of folks that paid much more for Pre3 on VZW, I paid more for my GSM version, but it was NIB and a year and a half ago almost.
    Yep, I also paid a lot more my my GSM Pre 3 at about the same time.
  10. #90  
    The family has two active pre2 (wife and I ), two touch pads (ours & sons ), a back up pre2 for music in den, and pre plus for WiFi and music on porch. Love me the webOS
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I know lots of folks that paid much more for Pre3 on VZW, I paid more for my GSM version, but it was NIB and a year and a half ago almost.
    Yeah... now that you remind me, it's coming up that my Pre 3 is 2 years old... I think actually this phone I've kept it the longest lately.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  12. #92  
    We have two Pre 2's , Two Touchpads and a Pre Plus....and I LOVE THE EXPERIENCE

    I use it for business and personal and WebOS is still, without a doubt, the most productive, life organizing tool I have. I have met so many people with iPhones, and Androids, and they are far less productive or organized than I am. I don't play games, but I do listen to music, browse the Web, manage 6-7 email accounts, syncronized with my corporate exchange server, manage hundreds of contacts, get my daily news updates, and yes even use it to communicate with my Son's Facebook, and twitter accounts.

    I am dreading the day we will have to give it up. Hopefully, we won't. I am thankful to the WebOS community for all the great support they have provided.
    rgloor and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
  13. #93  
    We now have an active Pre+, Pre2, and Pre3 in the house, and 3 touchpads that are in use. My Nexus also runs webOS, as well as pretty much everything else around me that doesn't have a locked bootloader, and desktop webOS is available on all my PCs. Unfortunately, this is not really a usable situation, currently, since it's all stuff for development, other than the phones and touchpads.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  14. #94  
    My only phone is a Pre 3 on Verizon. I have another new in the box for a backup. Both my girlfriend and I use Touchpads daily (we do dual boot to CM9, however) and I have a new 32 gig Touchpad for a backup. In my closet, there's a Pre 2, Pre Plus and a Palm TX.

    As far as apps go, I have everything I need and more on the phone, but could use more for the tablet (Netflix, Direct TV to go). That's why I broke down and loaded Android.

    For me, I'm sticking with webOS as long as I can. :-)
  15. #95  
    Still using my Touchpad but I've gone Android for the cell.
  16. #96  
    Have a Veer as my daily phone as of Jan.
    Tried Android Galaxy W for 4 months before that and just had to move back to webos. Even though facebook and web was better on android. I like doing everything with my thumb on webos with swipe here and swipe there, notifications everywhere.

    Touchstone on my end table, one in my truck and one next to my monitor at work.
    Hp Touchpad in the living room on the end table for quickly googling things and monitoring my facebook and email.

    Had a pre 2 for 1.5yrs before that. Original Palm Pre for 1.5yrs before that. Fyi I actually miss the round button that was on the original Palm Pre. I also liked the curves of the original.

    Been drooling over the pre 3 since it came out, but not sure if I want a phone that size.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    We now have an active Pre+, Pre2, and Pre3 in the house, and 3 touchpads that are in use. My Nexus also runs webOS, as well as pretty much everything else around me that doesn't have a locked bootloader, and desktop webOS is available on all my PCs. Unfortunately, this is not really a usable situation, currently, since it's all stuff for development, other than the phones and touchpads.
    Just to pick up on that with a thought I had:

    The RaspberryPi is one year old. Over a million sold. Soon to come: a camera module. Rumoured: A display module.

    A while back, someone claimed to boot webOS... oh, here:


    This was before the UI was available - I don't know if anything more happened.

    Anyway, If that display was touch sensitive (or just get some other display!), you have the makings of a hobbyist 'tablet'. A lot of users = a lot of developers. Open webOS might be popular for that use and therefore get developed - the RaspberryPi hardware is almost fully open.

    1. Open webOS on 'tablet style' Raspberry Pi
    2. A bigger community and developer interest.
    3. The OS matures and becomes ready for consumer devices (if drivers can be found!)
    4. Some kind of profit for everybody!

    This is merely a suggestion. I'm not a developer. Maybe someone who actually knows something about this could comment on viability.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions