Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 97
Like Tree23Likes
  1. ashi's Avatar
    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by waterski10716 View Post
    Everyday all day! My Sprint Pre and TP 4G On ATT. Love them, wish I could get a pre 2 or 3 for sprint.
    You can totally get a Pre 2 for Sprint. If you live in California, I can even help.
  2. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by waterski10716 View Post
    Everyday all day! My Sprint Pre and TP 4G On ATT. Love them, wish I could get a pre 2 or 3 for sprint.
    FrankenPre2 FTW!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    ashi likes this.
  3. #63  
    I love my FrankenPre2, but unfortunately it is not my daily driver anymore.. Work is blocking all Palm devices from Exchange server access starting in two weeks, so I had to either start carrying a PDA again or switch. I have complained, but they wont even answer my questions with straight answers. Mail I could live without, but not my calendar, and forwarding to gmail is not allowed. I still keep it with me most of the time for Forums and Keyring, but I am going to export my passwords into KeePass format so I can use it on multiple devices so I don't have to keep it on me full time. I have 3 other webOS phones (well, 4 but the Pixi is worthless for anything that needs net access since it doesn't have wifi) I use as DEV devices, and my wife and I both have Touchpads that get used most days when the phone is just too small for something.
  4. #64  
    I love my FrankenPre2, but unfortunately it is not my daily driver anymore.. Work is blocking all Palm devices from Exchange server access starting in two weeks, so I had to either start carrying a PDA again or switch. I have complained, but they wont even answer my questions with straight answers. Mail I could live without, but not my calendar, and forwarding to gmail is not allowed. I still keep it with me most of the time for Forums and Keyring, but I am going to export my passwords into KeePass format so I can use it on multiple devices so I don't have to keep it on me full time. I have 3 other webOS phones (well, 4 but the Pixi is worthless for anything that needs net access since it doesn't have wifi) I use as DEV devices, and my wife and I both have Touchpads that get used most days when the phone is just too small for something.
    Why they block? New EAS version requirement not supported by webOS? Work officially only supports iOS and Android but works fine on webOS for me and my colleague :-)


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  5. #65  
    It doesn't but will be in a few days . In fact it will be replacing my Note 2 for a while

    Just hope my micro sim doesn't get jammed, have a recommend one coming But don't know if I can wait

    B
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post
    It doesn't but will be in a few days . In fact it will be replacing my Note 2 for a while

    Just hope my micro sim doesn't get jammed, have a recommend one coming But don't know if I can wait

    B
    6 touchpads (1 4G) in the family (WebOS and CM9); 2 Pre 3's, 1 Pre+ (used first by me for over a year then wife for about 7 months) pretty banged up - inactive; 1 Pre 2 (used on ATT) recently inactive and 1 Pixie Plus (ATT) inactive, both in fairly good condition, 2 Pre's (Verizon) used for almost 2 years by son and daughter-in-law - pretty used up and inactive. All feel WebOS is good but missing some apps now or work issues caused changes. With CM9 they don't need to change for other tablets. I still prefer WebOS and with my 4G meets my needs for the foreseeable future.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Why they block? New EAS version requirement not supported by webOS? Work officially only supports iOS and Android but works fine on webOS for me and my colleague :-)


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    They won't tell me. I specifically asked if it was something they didn't support or if the were just blanket blocking them. They ignored the question. They did say it was part of the migration to a new Exchange server version, but no more detail. If Feb 15 comes and goes and I can still sync because webOS 2.2.4 is identified as HP not Palm, then I will just keep on doing it.
  8. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    . . did say it was part of the migration to a new Exchange server version, but no more detail. If Feb 15 comes and goes and I can still sync because webOS 2.2.4 is identified as HP not Palm, then I will just keep on doing it.
    Wow, now you're rattling my comfy denial. Guess I should steel myself for the day this happens at my work. Hope it's far off!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  9. #69  
    I'm on my second Sprint Pre. I bought another on Ebay after the first one died. It is my only cell phone. I recently bought a Touchpad 32GB, and I'm still getting used to it. It's my mobile computer as I don't yet own a laptop. I'm the Lone WebOS Ranger in my family. They all have been assimilated into the Android Collective. They tell me that resistance to Android is futile, but I'm standing firm with WebOS until there are no more Sprint Pre phones on Ebay or my Pre no longer works on the Sprint network. I'm a no frills user, so both devices serve my needs just fine.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepansy View Post
    I'm on my second Sprint Pre. I bought another on Ebay after the first one died. It is my only cell phone. I recently bought a Touchpad 32GB, and I'm still getting used to it. It's my mobile computer as I don't yet own a laptop. I'm the Lone WebOS Ranger in my family. They all have been assimilated into the Android Collective. They tell me that resistance to Android is futile, but I'm standing firm with WebOS until there are no more Sprint Pre phones on Ebay or my Pre no longer works on the Sprint network. I'm a no frills user, so both devices serve my needs just fine.
    If you have the funds, FrankenPre2 you will be amazed. The Pre2 is an insane device compared to the Sprint Pre, that is all I can say.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    ashi likes this.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If you have the funds, FrankenPre2 you will be amazed. The Pre2 is an insane device compared to the Sprint Pre, that is all I can say.
    Yeah, and there's flks around who can do it for you for around $35 if you like
    ashi likes this.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Is it your daily driver?
    Yup - Pre3.

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    [*]If so, is it your only phone?
    Yup - why would I need another? I never understood why anybody would use more than 1 phone (unless job requires you to use a second phone you don't like).

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    How long do you think you can hang on?
    Foreseeable future. Depends on how long the browser can keep up with modern web sites using new features.
    Most apps are optional as long as you have a browser capable of using mobile optimized sites. When the app selection is small and the browser too outfashioned we have a problem.

    The Pre3 is very close to perfect form factor for me. Screen size is a reasonable compromise between large enough and easily handled with 1 hand.
    The web os UI is stil the best on the market IMHO. IOS is outright dumb and Android is getting closer but not quite there.

    There's no denying that app selection is pathetic compared to the other platforms. But there are a few thousand apps available and many are of good quality. And I don't need many and most of that is well covered by what is available (YMMV).
    Sadly Newsroom got killed by Trileet shutting down its servers (affected all platform - Android users are equally affected by this). That was IMHIO the best newsreader by far - on any platform. But I still have several good enough alternatives available.

    The combination of a very good form factor with great os UI, Touchstone charging, great homebrew support makes this still the best phone for me. I bought a 2nd Pre3 as backup in case the first one dies.

    If open webos gets really usable on smartphones and we get browser updates, I can easily see myself using this for years to come. And I'l be sad when I'm forced to switch to Android or Ubuntu phone when webos gets unusable for me one day.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Wow, now you're rattling my comfy denial. Guess I should steel myself for the day this happens at my work. Hope it's far off!
    If it is because the Palm devices don't support something required to access EAS, I can accept it. A blanket block of Palm devices I would have a hard time accepting without a fight or at least a valid sounding reason.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/03/2013 at 12:33 AM.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  14. #74  
    Pre 3 and TouchPad- still runs with webOS.
  15. dmklein's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Just curious:
    By now if feels like we are manning the guns at the Alamo, but I'm curious to know to what extent are you LIVING with webOS. So if it just a hobbyist thing for you, let me know when it became that for you. Also, are you developing for what will be the new webOS (Gram, openOS or whatever it will evolve to become)?

    [*] Is it your daily driver?
    Finally bit the bullet to a Galaxy sIII
    If so, is it your only phone?
    Used to be

    How long do you think you can hang on?
    Finally gave up -though I miss, webOS, felt I needed something that wasn't obsolete any more.
    It's nice to be able to scan UPC codes and QR codes, to have a web browser that displays most web pages, and access to new app's (no disregard to the few webOS programers left out there!)

    Do have a touchpad, my wife uses to play games with and couch serf.
  16. #76  
    For me, webOS doesn't play that big of a role, but neither do mobile devices in general. I don't have a webOS phone, but I do have a Samsung Galaxy S2X. I actually don't do much on there. Standard text/call, use Chrome to look at Slashdot. Gaming isn't very good because of the small screen size.

    My TouchPad I use as my MP3 player and developer device. I don't take it out all that much, though.

    I'm mainly on my laptop, since it's the most versatile, and coding being one of the things I do frequently, nothing beats it.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Just curious:
    By now if feels like we are manning the guns at the Alamo, but I'm curious to know to what extent are you LIVING with webOS. So if it just a hobbyist thing for you, let me know when it became that for you. Also, are you developing for what will be the new webOS (Gram, openOS or whatever it will evolve to become)?

    • Is it your daily driver?
    • If so, is it your only phone?
    • If not, is it your work or personal phone?
    • How long do you think you can hang on?


    For me, it is one of four phones, but I've just cut back to three (others are a Blackberry and Droid which was just upgraded to a Galaxy S3).

    The Pre2 is my personal phone. I use it especially for e-mail and as a gamer for crossword puzzles. It still multi-tasks better (by a mile) than any of my other phones.

    I'm holding tough, but for some work functions it is becoming increasing less useful as internet based services drop webOS support and the browser becomes increasingly creaky with age as the net moves on and it does not.

    If I was forced to dump all of my phones but one, and had to ride that phone for the next two years, don't know what I would do... I hope it doesn't happen before we see some open OS love.

    C
    Is it your daily driver? Yes
    If so, is it your only phone? No, I have a Pre 3 and a GNex.
    How long do you think you can hang on? Until they finalize Open webOS on the Gnex. Then I'm gonna switch over. And start using the GNex with Open webOS. Until them, my GNex is sitting in my closet. Tried using my Nexus as a daily driver, but was driven mad by Android.
  18. carldc's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #78  
    webOS: My ONLY phone and the ONLY tablet I really use (I have an iPad 2 at work, but rarely use it -- and then only to use Splashtop to control PowerPoint presentations). I am considering getting a Surface Pro to replace both the TP and my aging Lenovo netbook (but I haven't thought about it beyond typing this sentence!).

    I will hang on AT LEAST until this fall when my phone contract is up for renewal. If Open webOS is viable, or if any of the other projects, like Phoenix, pans out -- I'm IN. If not, I'll look elsewhere until one of them is viable again.
    -carldc

    m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
  19. #79  
    Yesterday was D-Day for Palm (and HP -- that means my Touchpad too) devices and the Exchange server at work. Worked fine until about 5pm, then stopped syncing, and I started getting these emails in my inbox (just not on my phone):

    Your mobile phone has been denied access to the server via Exchange ActiveSync because of server policies.

    Your phone won't be able to synchronize with the server via Exchange ActiveSync because of an access policy defined on the server.
    I left out some of the detail, but that looks more like a negative-rule than an unsupported feature error to me.
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yesterday was D-Day for Palm (and HP -- that means my Touchpad too) devices and the Exchange server at work. Worked fine until about 5pm, then stopped syncing, and I started getting these emails in my inbox (just not on my phone):



    I left out some of the detail, but that looks more like a negative-rule than an unsupported feature error to me.
    Yeah that looks like BS to me... many Android devices are far less secure than webOS. Some of the apps request insane abilities to be installed on Android, not hating, but this looks like an enterprise/IT easiest way out to not have to tech the devices, vs an EAS issue, or true tech issue....

    BB is bout to be next if we keep going this route, google should worry, this is the slippery slope of only locked down devices being aloud, and with bring your own device getting bigger, it's gonna be bring your iOS device.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions