webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  General News & Discussion > Zen of Palm : Designing Products for Palm OS
Zen of Palm : Designing Products for Palm OS
  Reply
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By gizmo21
  • 2 Post By Remy X

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01/17/2013, 05:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer
 
Posts: 1,981
https://twitter.com/webosinternals/s...31661157191682

http://t.co/3wLH4EUJ

Sadly they missed some of them while designing webOS -> Calendar/ missing Agenda:

Quote:
Most importantly, focus on the inner tranquility of the customer. Do
you swear at your computer? (If not, you must know plenty of
people who do.) Machine hangs. “*&#*#!!!” Lost data. “*@#$(@#!!”
Network down. “&#@^$*#?!” Have you ever noticed you don’t feel
that way with Palm OS products? Want to see your schedule? Press
a button and there it is. You’re in control. You don’t wait. You don’t
get confused or frustrated. It’s all very elegant and pleasing.
Some of them they got right -> JustType:

Quote:
User testing also helps flush out terminology that need to be
replaced with plain language. We get so used to our own jargon that
we forget. To avoid using jargon, think what you would say to a
person with little computer experience. For instance, if you’re
explaining how to use the Find function, you wouldn’t say, “Enter
your search string into the text field of the Find modal dialog.” You
would say, “Write the word you’re looking for on the line.”
To clean up jargon, ambiguities, and other language problems, have
a documentation writer, copy editor, or at least a literate friend go
through your application’s dialogs. It’s a good investment of time.
__________________
Patch Enhancing vCard Export -|- Your own cloud with Zarafa (EAS sync) -|-
Tasks-app of 2.x on 3.x incl.EAS sync -|- SYM key in Enyo on phones -|- My hidden webOS Tips and Tricks - like it ?
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by xandros9 and Remy X like this.
Old 01/17/2013, 06:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Remy X's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,282
+1

A Zen suggeston for us? Now one for Palm - don't scare off your customers with the ghostly woman... Because that's just not Zen

Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by xandros9 and Fisack23 like this.
Old 01/17/2013, 06:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
+1

A Zen suggeston for us? Now one for Palm - don't scare off your customers with the ghostly woman... Because that's just not Zen

ghostly women ? have link ?
Firepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 06:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Rnp
Member
 
Rnp's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,255
I really, really, really miss the "Just Type" bring my "Calendar" information...


Best Regards...
__________________
Breaking Bad: Heisenberg Evolution
Rnp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Remy X's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
ghostly women ? have link ?
Yes, I'll post it.

There's about a half dozen TV commercials for the Pre- starring Tamara Hope. I'll try to find all of them for you
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
Yes, I'll post it.

There's about a half dozen TV commercials for the Pre- starring Tamara Hope. I'll try to find all of them for you
Thanks I'm from Australia so have no experience of Palm history or marketing.
But I love webOS
Firepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
xandros9's Avatar
 
Posts: 908
I'm in love with this document.
__________________
HP Think Beyond Event - http://youtu.be/VnjwG7Z8AM8
m500/5 > Z|71 > T|C > Z|71 > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4
> Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > HD2 > Treo 650 > Lumia 920
My Copy referral link if you want to try: https://copy.com?r=trzKIA
My OneDrive referral link: MS OneDrive
xandros9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2013, 02:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Remy X's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,282
Here's some commercials, as promised:

Palm Pre Commercial Ad Flow Tamara Hope - YouTube
..is the first one, and not necessarily creepy, but the following four were shot "portrait-style", showing only the face and shoulders, making her look like a naked apparition of Queen Elizabeth (the 1st) or of the Mona Lisa...

IMHO, too much talking and barely showing any of the phone's capabilities:

Palm Pre Commercial Ad Juggler in the Park Deja Vu Tamara Hope - YouTube

Palm Pre Commercial Ad Reincarnation Tamara Hope - YouTube

Palm Pre Commercial Ad Going With The Flow Tamara Hope - YouTube

Palm Pre Commercial Ad My Phone Can Read My Mind Tamara Hope - YouTube
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2013, 09:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
xandros9's Avatar
 
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
Here's some commercials, as promised:

Palm Pre Commercial Ad Flow Tamara Hope - YouTube
..is the first one, and not necessarily creepy, but the following four were shot "portrait-style", showing only the face and shoulders, making her look like a naked apparition of Queen Elizabeth (the 1st) or of the Mona Lisa...

IMHO, too much talking and barely showing any of the phone's capabilities:

Palm Pre Commercial Ad Juggler in the Park Deja Vu Tamara Hope - YouTube

Palm Pre Commercial Ad Reincarnation Tamara Hope - YouTube

Palm Pre Commercial Ad Going With The Flow Tamara Hope - YouTube

Palm Pre Commercial Ad My Phone Can Read My Mind Tamara Hope - YouTube
i cringed whenever i saw them
__________________
HP Think Beyond Event - http://youtu.be/VnjwG7Z8AM8
m500/5 > Z|71 > T|C > Z|71 > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4
> Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > HD2 > Treo 650 > Lumia 920
My Copy referral link if you want to try: https://copy.com?r=trzKIA
My OneDrive referral link: MS OneDrive
xandros9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2013, 12:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
kld2009's Avatar
 
Posts: 102
Here's a funny one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr4o...e_gdata_player
kld2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2013, 04:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
Vistaus's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,490
I do wonder: a lot of people, mostly former PalmOS users, still love Palm... will there ever be something like Phoenix is doing for webOS but then for PalmOS? If so, will there be people to use it?
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 03:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
dkirker's Avatar
 
Posts: 983
No no... These ones are creepy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOHh4OMM9V0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMOZ3XgP-oQ
__________________
The comments and thoughts expressed on this discussion board are strictly my own and are not those of OpenMobl Systems.
dkirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 05:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
dkirker's Avatar
 
Posts: 983
Unfortunately, AccessDevNet, where the Zen of Palm document was hosted, appears to be on renewal from GoDaddy... *sigh* I have the PDF. I am going to see what legel rights I have to put this on my website for distribution. I suspect none...
__________________
The comments and thoughts expressed on this discussion board are strictly my own and are not those of OpenMobl Systems.
dkirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0