webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  General News & Discussion > Whitman criticizes HP for dumping Palm
Whitman criticizes HP for dumping Palm
Like Tree18Likes

Old 01/16/2013, 01:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
cgk

OK - looking further into that - they were using 250 Palm Pre 2 in 2011 when it was still an actual product? Not sure what that has to do with 2013?
cgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 03:04 PM   #22 (permalink)

Since we're posting articles - i just googled 'clinton initiative webos phone' and came across this interesting tidbit. Some nice Pre 2 shots in there on an African safari to help the Clintons track malaria (article dated 1/14/2013)

HP Social Innovation
http://c1ecopreneuristcom.wpengine.n...hp-custom1.jpg
Quote:
PING (Positive Innovation for the Next Generation), CHAI (the Clinton Health Access Initiative), and mobile network provider MASCOM have partnered with Hewlett-Packard to facilitate stopping the ever-rising outbreak of malaria in Botswana. By implementing a lifesaving mobile/cloud solution, information is easily shared and distributed to slow the spread of malaria.
Currently, there are more than 75 million people at risk of contracting malaria in Africa. This provides an enormous opportunity for health initiatives like this social innovation collaboration to expand beyond Botswana.
Healthcare workers in Botswana equipped with HP Palm Pre 2 smartphones with HP webOS are able to gather malaria information via an app and upload the data (along with pictures, video, and audio) to the cloud.

Ecopreneurist (HP Social Innovation)
And the link to the HP site on PING
PING | HP Global Social Innovation | HP
http://www.www8-hp.com/us/en/images/...45_1172837.jpg

I think this would be a neat webosnation spotlight article. Derek where you at?!

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
kevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 03:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
cgk

That article is from 14/01/2013 which is odd because all of the quotes and the actual trial happened in 2011...

So that quote:

Quote:
“We’re focused on addressing health and development problems by not only using technology in an innovative way, but also by creating more problem solvers in the local population. By combining our socially active core with innovation and business acumen from HP, and the scale of government organizations, we can achieve the greatest opportunity for lasting social change.”
First appeared here on 06/06/2011.
Old 01/16/2013, 06:55 PM   #24 (permalink)

damn reposts! Ah fooey
kevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 05:45 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
Just got an iPhone and it can't do certain things I like out of the box, like I can't open up multiple windows at once in the browser and go back and read them at my leisure; it hasn't yet shown me a notification on the lock screen even though I've enabled that feature; and getting any files on it other than using some 3rd party server in the sky as a go-between is a pain in the ***
I saw this yesterday, looked over at a co-worker and said incredulously "You can't look at multiple pages on the web on your iPhone?"

He then opened his closed browser on his 4S and had 8 pages stacked in tabs. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing here or not? He seemed like a pretty average joe user, I even had to explain what jailbreaking is to him.
sledge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 10:01 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
I saw this yesterday, looked over at a co-worker and said incredulously "You can't look at multiple pages on the web on your iPhone?"

He then opened his closed browser on his 4S and had 8 pages stacked in tabs. I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing here or not? He seemed like a pretty average joe user, I even had to explain what jailbreaking is to him.
Hmmn, you are right. They are not stacked in tabs for me in Safari but you can see a number of pages in minimized form and then move between them in that minimized form. They only go from minimized to full length, doesn't seem like anything inbetween.
I suppose I could try another browser than Safari, I would probably get the stacked tabs you talk about in another app.

edit: while speaking to apple support on another matter, they confirmed tabs were removed in Safari and pages substituted (what I described above) as of the major software revision that occurred about 18 or so months ago.

Last edited by bluenote; 01/17/2013 at 10:39 AM.
bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 11:15 AM   #27 (permalink)
Rnp

Hahahahahahahaha...

CGK vanished for days. Just need one post with some smoke of hope about webOS and he come back as a rhino insane!! lol

Well, well, well... if there is some other peoples in board that can think in give some chance to webOS, the Whitman's opinion can be more important that we believe.

But I confess... I'm really interested about the Gram and all the silence in last weeks...

Best Regards...
Old 01/17/2013, 04:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
cgk

I love you too.
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Old 01/18/2013, 05:46 AM   #29 (permalink)
Rnp

http://e.glbimg.com/og/ed/f/original...ao_restart.jpg

Best Regards...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0