1.    #1  
    I was considering seriously to change to the Tungsten W after having played with the machine a few days ago.

But there is a fatal design fault - the phone ringer is too soft to hear even with the settings at max. In a noisy environment, there is no way you can hear the ring tone.

So its useless as a phone.
    sounds like you've found treo's long lost twin!!
    actually, its only the ringers that come with the treo that are soft. with ringo or tcringer you can put some nice loud polyphonic ones on. at least they are loud enough for me.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  4.    #4  
    There isn't a comparison. The Tungsten W ring volume is so low that its barely acceptable in a quiet room!

The Treo 270 without polyphonic tones is much louder.
    wow, that is kind of dumb, then... my treo300 is plenty loud enough (though now i'm gonna be greedy, since they have polyphonic midi tones i now demand mp3 ringtones!! maybe bose can design teeny speakers...)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Dude what you talking about? My Treo 270 is very loud when it rings.

I think the Tungsten W was designed as an outbound call phone.

Originally posted by 003oret
    sounds like you've found treo's long lost twin!!
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Originally posted by Abid
    The Treo 270 without polyphonic tones is much louder.
    Really? Didn't realize the 270 had polyphonic ring tones
    I will wait awhile to learn all the pros n cons before (if ever) buying a tungsten - W.
    How were you able to play around with a W. Are there demo models out now? If so, where? when is the darned thing supposed to be released.

i'm frozen now waiting for the Kyo, the W before committing to a device. The Treo is certainly impressive.