1.    #1  
    I searched this forum and didn't find any definite answers for this question. If I bought my Treo 180 from Amazon.com with the rebate requiring T-Mobile service is my Treo now locked to T-Mobile? I'm thinking of selling my 180 on eBay and getting a 270. From other sources I see that aparently it's not difficult to get your phone unlocked by T-Mobile but I'm just curious if I need to. If so, the IMEI on a Treo is from the hardware? Just asking because I'm in the middle of a marathon replacement series with Handspring and who knows when I'll end up with one that works so I can sell it. On that note, if it is tied to the hardware then how would that work since I'm on my 3rd unit since the orginal purchase?
    Originally posted by sringle
    I searched this forum and didn't find any definite answers for this question. If I bought my Treo 180 from Amazon.com with the rebate requiring T-Mobile service is my Treo now locked to T-Mobile? I'm thinking of selling my 180 on eBay and getting a 270. From other sources I see that aparently it's not difficult to get your phone unlocked by T-Mobile but I'm just curious if I need to. If so, the IMEI on a Treo is from the hardware? Just asking because I'm in the middle of a marathon replacement series with Handspring and who knows when I'll end up with one that works so I can sell it. On that note, if it is tied to the hardware then how would that work since I'm on my 3rd unit since the orginal purchase?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $none$ $of$ $the$ $Treo$'$s$ $that$ $come$ $from$ $any$ $source$ $are$ $locked$. $Mine$ $was$ $originally$ $on$ $Cingular$, $and$ $I$ $have$ $since$ $tried$ $AT$&$amp$;$T$ $and$ $T$-$Mobile$ $SIMS$, $they$ $all$ $work$ $fine$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $recall$ $anyone$ $reporting$ $that$ $their$ $phone$ $was$ $locked$.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info. I pretty much figured that was the case but I was a little thrown off seeing "unlocked" Treos for sale on eBay. Appreciate it.
    It might not apply to your situation, but I want to make sure people don't get the wrong impression that none are locked. All Treo's sold by Rogers in Canada are locked, both the 180 and 270. To date, I have not heard of anyone that has been able to unlock them.

FYI if you plan to purchase one on eBay from Canada. Check to see if it was purchased from Rogers.
    Sorry, my bad... I was referring to USian Treos... Canada or Europe might be different.