webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Nation Community >  General News & Discussion > NY TIMES: Why Breaking Up H.P. Makes Sense
NY TIMES: Why Breaking Up H.P. Makes Sense

Old 12/06/2012, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
News Hound

Hi all,

It's been along, long time since I've posted.....the last time was shortly after HP killed off the TP....I'm still hoping that someday there will be webOS phones back in production.........as you never know.

I just found this article on-line and thought it would be of interest to all of you. In the meantime, please have a healthy, safe and happy holiday season & a happy new year.

Take care,

Jay

PS. As I posted over a year ago, I was getting married. Amy & I got hitched this past April....and we are both well & happy!

Why Breaking Up H.P. Makes SenseBy ROB COX and ROBERT CYRAN

Why Breaking Up H.P. Makes Sense - NYTimes.com

David Packard and William Hewlett may be Silicon Valley’s answer to Romulus and Remus in Rome’s founding story, but the era of their brainchild, Hewlett-Packard, as an everything-to-everyone conglomerate is coming to an end. Its chief executive, Meg Whitman, and its board, not to mention investors, won’t stick around for an arduous and risky five-year turnaround project. Breaking the company into good bits and selling bad ones must be on the agenda for 2013.

Please use the link to read the balance of this item.
Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
ilovedessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/2012, 03:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

I wonder who owns the bulk of Palm IP... what does Gram have and doesn't have, what was lost besides personnel between the acquisition of Palm and the spin-off of Gram. Last thing i'd want if for important Palm IP to be sold to a "hostile" company that would be less permissive of its use by Gram's customers who want to build a webOS product...
Remy X is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0