1.    #1  
    I just got a new computer with USB 2.0 slots. Haven't had time to load up hotsync. Plus I'm out of town at the moment. but does this mean I can sync my treo faster? Or does the cradle have to support the new standard? Having backup buddy increases your sync time a lot...

Ajay
    since the cradle is usb 1.1, having 2.0 on your machine will probably not make that much, if any, difference for this specific operation. you would most notice the difference with something specifically designed for usb 2.0. i wouldn't lose any sleep over it, though, your sync time is probably MOST limited by the relatively low power of the treo processor, not usb.

where you would really notice a big difference is in transferring large amounts of data to/from a usb 2.0 device, such as an up to date MP3 player. there the difference is huge.

you also should have no issue with backwards compatibility.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  3.    #3  
    great response, thank you. all the more reason to go get a MP3 player
    actually, before you go for just an mp3 player, check out the new archos and rca players shown at the latest consumer electronics show. up to 40 gig of hard drive storage and a near-DVD quality video screen!!

still worth having a small mp3 player but if you were thinking of an elaborate one (i've had a nomad jukebox a couple of years and its great) you might check those out before you jump in.

lucky for me they are not quite out yet, as i just spent $300 on a portable dvd player and now this is something new to lust after
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.