Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree49Likes
    A co-worker a few days ago saw me with my Pre2 and started asking me about it (I'm the one at work everyone asks me computer questions about it). She thought it was a brand new phone and was really impressed when I started flicking cards around the screen and stuff.

I still pull out and use my Treo 700p if I'm going to be outside "civilization" for awhile. I bought 4 extra batteries for like $5 and that can get me through a week of camping. It's old enough it's actually retro cool...
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    that still happens to me quite often when im using it on the train. the stacking of apps and toss to close thing always grab people's attention. Just because its over a year old doesn't make it any less useful (for me anyway). I'll continue to use mine until they die.
    I beg to differ Steven_Farkas, the TouchPad is very useless device, I'm very unfortunate to tell you of that sad fact. Whether you believe me or maybe not, it really doesn't matter because everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect that. We aren't about talking about being a one year old hardware(NO!), I'm referring to device itself without any updates to WebOS and that I hate seeing other competitor push software updates with big improvements in the operating system. While we still see WebOS stay further and further behind the race, and more developers leaving to other popular platforms

Despite my thoughts on my TouchPad, love my Palm Pre 2 device..... I carry it anywhere and like using it.
    Last edited by PalmPixi_User23; 10/26/2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I beg to differ Steven_Farkas, the TouchPad is very useless device, I'm very unfortunate to tell you of that sad fact. Whether you believe me or maybe not, it really doesn't matter because everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I respect that. We aren't about talking about being a one year old hardware(NO!), I'm referring to device itself without any updates to WebOS and that I hate seeing other competitor push software updates with big improvements in the operating system. While we still see WebOS stay further and further behind the race, and more developers leaving to other popular platforms

Despite my thoughts on my TouchPad, love my Palm Pre 2 device..... I carry it anywhere and like using it.
    what updates specifically?, im guessing a lot would reply with "web browser" etc, yet thats what id personally call an app update rather than an "os" update, great webkit updates etc would yield good results but then again not all browsers use webkit.

ill agree its nice to have fixes and patches but the homebrew devs are doign that amazingly well in all fairness, i dont see how my touchpad or pre3 can become useless overnight? i heard the same before the touchpad was announced as dead by leo, some ppl liked it, yet some of the same people suddenly announced their touchpads were "useless" after leo's deadly announcement.

....... i mean.... how? why? when? its not like someone came into their houses at the middle of the night and sledgehammered their touchpads, they still did the same the day after the announcement as they did the day before when they still liked it.

what troubles does your touchpad have exactly? im still going to guess ittl be maybe an app related issue or some random webpage(s) not loading as intended?

what major improvements do you NEED that bad to warrant calling webOS/touchpads useless?

im lucky that i have several android devices, a touchpad/pre3 and an ipad3 and i personally dont feel the "need" for anything android/apple offer and believe me ive tried aquiring allsorts, sure theres some nice eyecandy or unique (and god only knows theres heaps of it) but often rarely used stuff there, but nothing i NEED, a lot of the new improvements and toys they have aquired ive tried, thought "hmm thats nice/different and interesting" then proceed to lose interest not long after after the novelty wears off.

thats just my own opinion ofc, i can just as easily be talking a heap of smelly stuff, but still im curious.

EDIT: i dont NEED them, but i find my android/apple devices mostly get used for what webOS cant provide and thats typically netflix and tvcatchup, tho ive stopped using tvcatchup on those as i found the http://m.tvcatchup.com works amazingly well with the pre3's media player.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    anyone basing their feelings about their outward image on a phone has big self esteem issues.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    kataran and Jozz like this.
    I feel no shame at all. I love my Pre2. In fact every time someone with an iPhone shows me something on it and an IM alert annoying pops up center-screen I think, "What an antiquated way to deal with notifications" The same is said when I see my wife and daughter long press home so they can pull up the apps list and slowly shutdown each app, one after another.

The only shame I feel is for webOS's association with the inept HP management that took such a awesome OS and ran it into the ground.
    Jozz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALuckyGuy View Post
    I feel no shame at all. I love my Pre2. In fact every time someone with an iPhone shows me something on it and an IM alert annoying pops up center-screen I think, "What an antiquated way to deal with notifications" The same is said when I see my wife and daughter long press home so they can pull up the apps list and slowly shutdown each app, one after another.

The only shame I feel is for webOS's association with the inept HP management that took such a awesome OS and ran it into the ground.
    only time I feel like a small turd is when asked to bluetooth a backdrop picture or being asked to check something good/funny on netflix or the likes, then I have to whip out an android/apple tablet or my vita.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  7.    #47  
    I don't know which version of iOS they might be running on their phones, but that notification has been improved in the iPhone OS specially in iOS 5/6. I constantly use my iPod Touch and I don't deal with the blue pop-up message box anymore, I get notification like Android now. I even liked the notifications on iOS a bit better than WebOS(at the moment), I like that you could somehow modify(in a limited way) whether you want the pop-up message blue box or the Android-style of getting alerts of incoming messages. Sadly on WebOS you can't modify alerts for the notifications you only could received one way.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    every time someone with an iPhone shows me something on it and an IM alert annoying pops up center-screen I think, "What an antiquated way to deal with notifications" The same is said when I see my wife and daughter long press home so they can pull up the apps list and slowly shutdown each app, one after another.
    That doesn't happen unless you want it to. The notificaton system was changed with ios 5 and you can customize the format. And according to a recent study, 90% of ios users use ios 5 or above. iOS 6 adoption rate levels out at over 60% after one month - SlashGear I think it's time for your friend to upgrade.

As for shutting down apps you don't have to shut down apps in ios unless they are doing something in the background like playing music that you don't want and even then if you just stop the audio before you switch to another app it's not an issue.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123