Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    sounds like low self esteem ...isn't that why some people buy the iPhone in the first place ?
    No its becuase some people like to follow the crowd. The iphone is barley a smartphone IMO.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I find myself judging people with iPhones instead:
    - ***** driver darting through traffic with a phone attached to his chin (speakerphone), yup, had to be an iPhone user
    - crazy mom in the news leaving kids in the car in 100deg weather...i bet she uses an iPhone
    - standing in own self-importance, again phone to chin for all the world to gaze upon their iPhone5

They are usually, the most approval seeking, showoffy, low IQ, loud and obnoxious, self important hipsters that I can spot from a mile away...especially when their ringtone is that familiar (I hate it) iPhone standard ringtone.
    ****Reducing Inventory****
    ###FOR SALE###

VZW Pre+ 1.4.5 500/1000 on demand Lithium 418
    White ATT Veer 2.1.2 with 1.4 on demand Lithium 122
    Black ATT Veer 2.1.2 Stock Lithium 196 - broken screen, spare parts
    webOS internals NA Pre3 2.2.4 Stock Lithium 111
    Just the other day someone asked me where my iphone was (they knew I had iphones in the past). I told him I got bored of them and moved to my pre3. He looked at it, and said "I didn't know HP made phones". I said, they don't, and officially, this one was never released. He just looked at it and said.. "cool!" and walked away. Nothing to be ashamed of there...
    i think most level headed people will not give a toss what others think of their technology choices, in fact I expect most would hold it up as a badge of pride (either as an apple sheep, or a perceived "outsider" using android (irony alert) or our beloved webos).

I am still amazed that my little veer turns heads!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    No its becuase some people like to follow the crowd. The iphone is barley a smartphone IMO.
    Aren't the iPhone bashers as much a crowd as iphone users? People who like to think of themselves as smart individualists but oddly they all have the same points to make about the iPhone over and over again.
    kataran and xandros9 like this.
    Well, the IPhone is the new Razr V3 in market. When everybody was using this Moto V3, I was using the Treo 650!

Today, I have 6 Android devices, but only the Pre 3 stay with me all the time.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    I agree its more a toy than a smartphone but to feel more excepted and boost there esteem they follow the in crowd..

why else does almost every iphone case I've ever seen has the cut out so everyone can see the apple symbol on the back of the phone.....no different than the BMW emblem that looks to big and out of place on the hood of the car.......just another way of saying there not comfortable following there own path.... IMO
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    I've found myself hitting the "like" button in this thread more than on any other I had visited in the past.

In my case, I feel proud of showing my device in public, and with a reason: People admire it as soon as they realize it's different. I tell them briefly the story behind it, and they don't seem to react (like we all here do, passionately), but nod their head in sign of respect.

While our devices do have their drawbacks (if you wanted none, go mainstream dude), they have class. Merely because we have CHOSEN them.

The rest of the trip is an adventure. There's none of that in an ordinary device, such as that famous phone everybody wants, gets, and forgets.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    kataran and HelloNNNewman like this.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Makes me wonder what people's reactions to the TouchPad are. Someone that I was walking with noticed I had a TouchPad, and was not confused by it. Outside of that, I think most people confused it with an iPad.
    It's funny when you mentioned the HP TouchPad comparison that people always used to make about the TouchPad device with the Apple's iPad. When I used to be carrying the device some people from the Coffee shop, will stare at it with this mystery like what sort of device I was currently using like it somehow came from a different planet. Even more, when I pull my charging dock station, some would ask if that was a new stand for the Apple's iPad [light chuckles]....I would proudly say 'NO' its a wireless charging stand for the HP TouchPad. They were shocked questioning why their precious silly iPad models didn't get/have any way to charge it wirelessly and they have to stick with Apple's stupid connectors to even charge it It kind of reminded of the Samsung commercials mocking the people lining up to buy the 'iPhone 5' about the touching phones together to exchange data..the girl in the commercial was saying we will probably get it next year LMAO...

Those were the good days....
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    when I pull my charging dock station, some would ask if that was a new stand for the Apple's iPad [light chuckles]....I would proudly say 'NO' its a wireless charging stand for the HP TouchPad. They were shocked questioning why their precious silly iPad models didn't get/have any way to charge it wirelessly and they have to stick with Apple's stupid connectors to even charge it
    youd be amazed how many times ive come close to putting my 2 android tablets or the ipad3 on my touchstone charger, then recoil amazingly fast when i remember thats a bad thing to do.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    xandros9 and HelloNNNewman like this.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I can't imagine feeling embarrassed about a phone. However, since HP has canned webOS and webOS devices, I find that I am less likely to argue about the superiority of webOS over iOS and Android.

I am still happily rocking my Pre3 and don't even want to think about what I will use once this phone is used up.
    The touchstone and touchpad charging stand are the greatest conveniences. One more reason why I have stuck with my Palm (HP) gear. People who see the touchstone are pretty jealous. My IT guys think I'm just stubborn. The phone is showing some age, so unless a webOS replacement comes out in the next year or so, I'm going to be faced with an ugly decision.

Absent finding another Pre 2 for Verizon, what would your next move be?
    Palm III>Palm IIIC>Treo 650>Treo 750>Palm Pre>TouchPad & Pre 2 Galaxy S4 & iPad 4 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclingdaddy View Post
    The touchstone and touchpad charging stand are the greatest conveniences. One more reason why I have stuck with my Palm (HP) gear. People who see the touchstone are pretty jealous. My IT guys think I'm just stubborn. The phone is showing some age, so unless a webOS replacement comes out in the next year or so, I'm going to be faced with an ugly decision.

Absent finding another Pre 2 for Verizon, what would your next move be?
    I already have a dead Pre 3 that I'm gonna scavenge parts for.

Sometimes I feel like I'm Red Green... always have a pile of broken cars and duct tape to keep the Possum Van going. So remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I wish they made Palm stickers like how Apple does to stick over the HP one
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

Sometimes I feel like I'm Red Green... always have a pile of broken cars and duct tape to keep the Possum Van going. So remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
    I'm picturing a Red Green webOS phone right now.....and that's pretty damn hilarious. Toaster, Rotary Desk Phone, Giant Calculator, Record Player/8 track player, Typewriter, Spinning Globe, Rolodex, Photo Albums, Giant School Wall Clock (with the 13-24 hours in red), Poloroid Camera.....all Duct Taped together .....maybe carried around in a red wagon....
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyron431 View Post
    I wish they made Palm stickers like how Apple does to stick over the HP one
    I have a Palm sticker that I received as a "door prize" from a PalmCast a couple of years ago. Too big to fit the back of the Pre3, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    Just the other day someone asked me where my iphone was (they knew I had iphones in the past). I told him I got bored of them and moved to my pre3. He looked at it, and said "I didn't know HP made phones". I said, they don't, and officially, this one was never released. He just looked at it and said.. "cool!" and walked away. Nothing to be ashamed of there...
    I was in local Verizon store lately picking up new phone for my father-in-law, the Sales Rep was puzzled when he pulled up my account and it didn't show what phone I have. I replied in my usual smartarse way, "It's a prototype from my brother who works at HP."
    I see pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

I somehow managed to get myself the rear camera and speaker for a pre3 - if they're any use to you drop me a PM
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    It's funny when you mentioned the HP TouchPad comparison that people always used to make about the TouchPad device with the Apple's iPad. When I used to be carrying the device some people from the Coffee shop, will stare at it with this mystery like what sort of device I was currently using like it somehow came from a different planet. Even more, when I pull my charging dock station, some would ask if that was a new stand for the Apple's iPad [light chuckles]....I would proudly say 'NO' its a wireless charging stand for the HP TouchPad. They were shocked questioning why their precious silly iPad models didn't get/have any way to charge it wirelessly and they have to stick with Apple's stupid connectors to even charge it It kind of reminded of the Samsung commercials mocking the people lining up to buy the 'iPhone 5' about the touching phones together to exchange data..the girl in the commercial was saying we will probably get it next year LMAO...

Those were the good days....
    that still happens to me quite often when im using it on the train. the stacking of apps and toss to close thing always grab people's attention. Just because its over a year old doesn't make it any less useful (for me anyway). I'll continue to use mine until they die.
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    Far from being embarrassed, I'm tickled to be using a webos phone when everybody else is using android or iphone. I'm sure I wouldn't feel so special if webOS made it big and everybody had one.
    RumoredNow likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast