Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    HP CEO Meg Whitman Shares Turnaround Plan Ahead of Meeting

Apparently there's going to be a stockholder's meeting tomorrow, and Meg is going to speak up what she's doing with each of HP's business divisions. No mention of webOS in the article, except "She believes that mobile devices, cloud computing", which might as well mean Windows 8 tablets. I wonder if she's going to mention Gram and Open webOS. If she doesn't, then we know HP cares zilch about them.
    Only if HP can get a similar ROI on consumer customers like their business customers will we see anything that would make us happy.
    A quote:

"We need to tell The Street HP's story. We need to explain, business unit by business unit, what our strategy is, where the growth is going to come from, what the products or services or solutions are that we're going to bet on, and how we're going to drive those consistently over the next four to five years," Whitman said. "Then we need to explain why HP is better together, and tell our story with clarity and transparency, so that investors ... understand what it is we're doing."

Yep, because for now all we've seen lately is a series of knee-jerk reactions that are hard to link to any logically thought out plan...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    A quote:

"We need to tell The Street HP's story. We need to explain, business unit by business unit, what our strategy is, where the growth is going to come from, what the products or services or solutions are that we're going to bet on, and how we're going to drive those consistently over the next four to five years," Whitman said. "Then we need to explain why HP is better together, and tell our story with clarity and transparency, so that investors ... understand what it is we're doing."

Yep, because for now all we've seen lately is a series of knee-jerk reactions that are hard to link to any logically thought out plan...
    theres no saying their new strategy will make any sense or be any less vague.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    theres no saying their new strategy will make any sense or be any less vague.
    True that...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    HP sucks imo and I'll never by an HP device of any sort , ever . Unless it has webOS on it ! I'm tired of their stupid careless moves and the CEO's they hire are crappy.
    I certainly would not want to try to explain how to get HP "off-the-skid" to investors or analysts. Best wishes to you on that one, Meg.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Analysts actually downgraded target prices of HP's shares when Meg said she was interested in going back to smartphones in the "future". That would cost billions and HP is hurting already. Meg would be smart to say nothing about webOS or Gram and keep it an under-the-radar relatively cheap CEO projects. (as much as I would like to hear something)
    And yeah I have some HP stocks. (Guess that's why you should never buy stocks on emotion - I thought HP stocks would bounce back after Leo's ouster. Guess not.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    Analysts actually downgraded target prices of HP's shares when Meg said she was interested in going back to smartphones in the "future". That would cost billions and HP is hurting already. Meg would be smart to say nothing about webOS or Gram and keep it an under-the-radar relatively cheap CEO projects. (as much as I would like to hear something)
    And yeah I have some HP stocks. (Guess that's why you should never buy stocks on emotion - I thought HP stocks would bounce back after Leo's ouster. Guess not.)
    webos had nothing to do with their downfall tho, they spent considerably more on what leo wanted which was autonomy for vastly more cash than palm, you cant say webos failed them tablet wise, it was ****canned virtually instantly, and the pre3 wad cancelled on its rollout day in europe, so the smartphone didnt fail.

leo failed
    hp failed
    the board failed
    their shared "future" failed

webos wasnt given time to fail and was seen as a convenient scapegoat rather than show their allround incompetence.

this will be why even when they axed webos and eventually leo and saved their pc division going the same way as webos their shares still plummeted, you cant just reverse a silly clusterdumb set of events like that and come up smelling of roses. As for autonomy? God only knows whats going on there, all recent info i see on autonomy is a wall of buzzwords and random corporate drivel.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    HP's stock tanked because they had to preannounce a horrible quarter, had huge revenue declines and missed earnings all over the board and lowered their guidance for the future saying they'd continued to have declining pc sales and stagnant printer sales. Changing Leo was never gonna make people want to by computers and printers, especially then in bad economy when companys are cutting back on tech purchases.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Honestly, I think HP will be out of business in another year or two; they've fallen so far behind the curve now that if they manage to come back it'll be almost as amazing as Apple's return after nearly going in the tank year's ago...

Time to pay the piper, it seems...
    -= Gihmley =-

Alas, poor WebOS... we barely knew ye...
    Problem with a big company like that is, that steering it is like steering a heavy oiltanker ship.
    If you have been steaming along a course with enough velocity, it takes a long time to change that course, due to the momentum of that big mass.
    If you look at HP at the moment, they give hard rudder starboard one day, then hard rudder port the next day. And they are wondering, why they still head full speed to the cliffs. So they tried to get rid of ballast, outsourcing the companies that seemed to be only adding to the mass without doing anything good for the whole.
    Trouble is, instead of using WebOS, they add to the problem by putting other OSs into the boat, like WP8 (tablet) and presumably Android (i.e. "Bender") as well.
    So the pot gets heavier and heavier and more difficult to maneuver ...

Let's lean back and see if they crash and if so, how heavy a crash it will be.
    *fetching popcorn and beer*
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...