Actually I'm surprised it was still there. Probly all products are now out of warranty
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Actually I'm surprised it was still there. Probly all products are now out of warranty
    I'm quite surprise to see if HP provided any help at all through those live- chats, seeing such as the HP is so an incompetent, silly company I don't think that chat helped anyone. So, it won't matter it's discontinued.....my worry will be what will happen with the HP catalog or Palm profiles, will those be discontinued as well ?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I disagree, those live chats were very helpful and the people did a good job. It was a great selling point for the TouchPad too. I used it all the time. That being said I think it's useless at this point in time and I'm surprised as well that it made it this far.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Maybe you'll end up paying an extra $15 on top of whatever repair fees if you want to send your webOS devices in. Looks like it's full-on community support from hereon. Maybe we can still call the people at Open webOS for answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks2030 View Post
    I disagree, those live chats were very helpful and the people did a good job. It was a great selling point for the TouchPad too.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Indeed. I've only used it once or twice but it actually helped me both times so it was a good service
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Indeed. I've only used it once or twice but it actually helped me both times so it was a good service
    I will be another to agree with this. I needed warranty replacement for the AC adapter on my original TouchPad. Brought my TP and BT keyboard with me to work, setup the folio case next to my work PC and connected to the public wifi in my building, had the device info app open for serial number and typed away doing my job in between responses, had replacement sent out to me all in under 15 minutes from launching the chat.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I, too, had a very nice chat with someone residing in Brazil (I live in Germany) - we even chatted about the weather a bit
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Hmph... I was browsing the support not too long ago (maybe a week) and it was still there...
    The chat was mostly ok. Only once I got a very nasty person, but all the other times the experience was sufficiently well.

But I too see the pattern. First from "WebOS GBU" to "Gram Cloud company", now the chat. Catalog might be the next, I fear.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...