1.    #1  
    A strange phenomenon has been occurring to me in the last few months. Every once in a while, I open my Treo 270 and the screen is completely blank. There's no response, no matter which button or key I press. It's all cured with a soft reset and no lasting damage, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. I've never seen it mentioned on this board.

I can't prove it, but I believe there's a connection with GPRS, which has been very unstable for me. It never happened before I got GPRS, or with my previous VDX. It seems to happen when the Treo has been off for a while with a GPRS connection, although it hasn't happened often enough for me to be absolutely certain about this.
    Wow this is the first time I have ever seen this mentioned here. I have been having the same problem for the past few months too. When this started happening to me, I searched this board for a while trying to find an answer. I have a Treo 300 and sometimes I will take out my phone, and it's just dead...no response from any buttons or the flip lid or anything! If I do a soft reset, everything is fine. I tried to figure out what it was. I removed different applications, hacks, etc. but to no avail have I been able to get it to stop. I finally have given up and just deal with it. If anyone knows any more information about this or is having the same problem, Please let us know...Thanks!

David
    same thing here, but I have been able to avoid the reset. Mine is cured by tapping the phone button a couple of times and the screen comes back to life. It seems to be only when my phone moves into a low/no signal area... Hope this helps!
  4.    #4  
    I can't believe it! The screen went blank again last night, and this time the soft reset didn't work. It's completely dead.

Before trying the reset, I tried Leeladisky's solution of repeatedly pressing the phone button, but it didn't work. I also noticed that the green light was still on, so I turned the radio off and on a few times. The keyboard backlights came on, but nothing else. So I did a soft reset and it just went dead. No more Treo. Battery charging didn't work, either. All it is now is an expensive pocket mirror. And I can't even contact Customer Care for a replacement until tomorrow.

My wife told me I look like my right arm's been cut off.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by rosswords
    I can't believe it! The screen went blank again last night, and this time the soft reset didn't work. It's completely dead.

Before trying the reset, I tried Leeladisky's solution of repeatedly pressing the phone button, but it didn't work. I also noticed that the green light was still on, so I turned the radio off and on a few times. The keyboard backlights came on, but nothing else. So I did a soft reset and it just went dead. No more Treo. Battery charging didn't work, either. All it is now is an expensive pocket mirror. And I can't even contact Customer Care for a replacement until tomorrow.

My wife told me I look like my right arm's been cut off.
    Did you try to do a hardreset? Or is that impossible with the blank screen?
    Grace & Peace,

utey
  6.    #6  
    I'm afraid not. Just ordered a replacement. This whole episode is weird. Anyone else experience anything like it?
  7.    #7  
    Latest update: I was able to do a hard reset with the charger plugged in, and then recharged it. However, the backlight is gone and the screen is virtually unreadable, so I still need a replacement.

My conclusion is that when the screen starts going blank, it's an early indication of screen/display problems.