Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I recently made the mistake of downloading Yahoo Intellisynch. Now I have several problems I hope people can help me with.

1. Intellisynch wont log on even with my password/ID. CAps are off, etc. On the synch menu it says "PiLOT CONNector" unable to connect (not a big deal, have other people found this the case?)

2. I had to do a hard reset of the TREO because of a "fatal error", but since Intellisycnh wont work, it won't synch my datebook and calendar from my desktop back to my Treo!!! (it did restore everthing else!Why?? The dates/calendar are on the desktop, but wont go back to the Treo)

3. Now when I synch, the hot synch keeps "restoring old programs" although the programs are already on the Treo. It overload the Treo and I get a "fatal error" as the menu says the desktop has too many programs.

4. FINALLY, when I delete the Intellisynch program from my computer, then the Hotsynch won't work at all!!! It's like its weaved its way into my OS.

Can anyone help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much.
    i use intellisync all the time, at home, office, and on my laptop. my treo would be much less valuable to me without it.

near as i can tell, intellisync is more a set of conduits that work with hotsync than it is a separate synch program. i could be wrong but it has been helpful to think of it this way. the reason is that intellisync still requires the original hotsync program in order to work.

so once you remove intellisync, you need to reinstall the original palm desktop hotsync, and that should allow you to re-sync your treo.

for some of the other issues, you need to carefully check your sync settings as far as what overwrites what.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help! I've reinstalled the Palm Desktop and got the hotsync working again. How do you restore the old database ( I have it saved in a separate file now)???
    well, keep your backup copy. but if you copy your backup into your c:\program files\handspring\yourname folder (be sure to copy it correctly, don't make another folder UNDER that folder with YOURTREONAME) and then re-sync, i think it should restore stuff.

i know that i lost everything to a hard reset while i was away, but fortunately i had synced to my laptop, so i went back to my hotel room, re-synced, and all was well...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.