Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I have lost my Treo 180 (may be in the house somewhere, still looking) and I have restored everything back to my old Edge.

    For reasons you may be able to guess, but I am not going to go into, I need the following key sequence from the 180:

    Blue key twice (to lock into symbol mode)
    Then the first three keys of the top two rows. (I think that would be qweasd).

    Please send me the result.

    Thanks a bunch!
  2. #2  
    I'm trying to understand your request???
    IS this what you want:
    1st row Q (brightness/contrast symbol), W (@), E ($)
    2nd row A (%), S ( ( ), D ( ) )

    ?
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by ColinBlair
    For reasons you may be able to guess, but I am not going to go into...
    Okay, I'll be the one who asks ... what reasons?

    Please go into 'em. 85 people are now insanely curious.
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by Bbonnn
    Okay, I'll be the one who asks ... what reasons?
    I don't know is reasons but maybe I can be the one who guesses...

    ... seems to me like he may have based some password or another on what characters are the symbols above certain keys on the Treo's keyboard.

    Doh.

    Josh
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    I'm trying to understand your request???
    IS this what you want:
    1st row Q (brightness/contrast symbol), W (@), E ($)
    2nd row A (%), S ( ( ), D ( ) )

    ?
    I think the Q key does actually type something when pushed if I remember correctly.

    And yes, it is a password.
  6. #6  
    the blue shift key + Q brings up the display adjustments.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by ColinBlair

    I think the Q key does actually type something when pushed if I remember correctly.

    And yes, it is a password.
    In fact, it types a Q. Thanks for the help!
  8. #8  
    Ah. Thanks for elucidating. I suspected a password, but figgered I'd ask, in case it was an exciting secret easter egg built into the Treo that I didn't know about or something.

    In the future, if you need to see a keyboard layout, I believe they have one on the Handspring website ... hang on, lemme search for it ... here it is

    http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH

    and

    http://support.handspring.com/esuppo..._layout_lg.jpg

    Peace out,
    Bbonnn

Posting Permissions