1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

I know that currently there is no need for an av-program for webos. Nonetheless I have a concrete security question. Maybe so. Here could help Me out.

What happens if a malicious/infected file (Say exe or dll) Is downloaded to a webos device? When trying to execute it will probably return filetype not supported, right? Or not?

What happens when connecting the device via Usb to a windows machine?

Thanks!
    x86 executables of any kind wont do a thing.

wont do anything to your winblows machine via usb either unless u manually ran it on the pc.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Linux is Linux, one can compile clam AV (clamscan), which then can protect one from AV, there is a jail in webOS which prevents one App from talking to another App, but with Node.jsjsjs, $one$ $could$ $create$ $a$ $service$ $that$ $could$ $turn$ $into$ $a$ $virus$...
    Malware other than worms are a user education and hygiene problem. You can't fix a human behavior problem with technology. The technology that tries causes more problems than it solves.

Analogy:
    "I can just go get some antibiotics, so lets slice up my body with razorblades and jump into the sewer."

Same applies to your computing devices. Prevent it from happening by not doing stupid things. By the time you are hit, it's too late.

Worms are not a problem if you
    - keep your software's security patches up to date. Easy in today's repository world
    - don't run unnecessary services in the first place (good luck in windows)
    - configure the services that you DO need properly.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Infected files will do absolutely nothing on a webOS device unless they are transferred to a compatible system. (e.g. a Windows PC)

They are designed for a different processor architecture, and the webOS user base is so dinky (relatively), that there is no financial incentive to target webOS. We're more secure than Mac OS X right now.

Just have a decent AV on your PC, like Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast!, AVG, and you'll be alright.

Just apply common sense, and your problems should be few.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Well, the way mobile devices are usually secured makes them hard to infect. iOS is pretty airtight if not for the people figuring out jailbreaks. Android is a pain because you can install anything from anywhere. webOS is similar, but you've got a nicer community, and those who don't want homebrew has the choice to not know about Developer Mode, so no bad apps get on. (Actually, Android users have the same choice, but pirating is rampant.)

BTW, I do have a concern about arbitrary code execution in App Catalog. You may know about onTap, and our teaser with its dynamically updating status text and bar. That is custom Enyo code, and because App Catalog has an appid that begins with com.palm., it's probably not fully jailed. That means if you set the Homebrew Pivot feed to some random feed, you could run into trouble. onTap will thoroughly test code before pushing them out, and trying to avoid Worse Than Fails at the same time so nothing weird happens to your device. Just putting it out there so you can be careful.