Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Well, this should not be a shock to anyone, but it still makes for an interesting read.

America

I guess considering the current state of the company, it could have been much worse!
    Here it is so people don't have to sift through...

#8. Hewlett-Packard
    > Rating: 2.7
    > Number of reviews: 4,112
    > CEO approval rating: 82% for Meg Whitman
    > One-year stock change: down 38%
    > Employees: 349,600

Hewlett-Packard Co. (NYSE: HPQ) has been through more management turmoil than any large company in the United States over the past two years. In 2010, former CEO Mark Hurd was forced out after an inappropriate relationship with an HP contractor. He was replaced by Leo Apotheker who lasted only 11 months. Meg Whitman, highly regarded from her time as CEO of eBay (NASDAQ: EBAY), is the new chief executive. And based on the Glassdoor CEO rating, Whitman is well-regarded. This may be because of her sterling reputation and the belief that she can get one of the world’s largest tech companies back on track. In the meantime, the human cost of the turnaround is high. Whitman said HP would eliminate 27,000 jobs.

Given the company’s track record, it’s not surprising that employees are fed up. Reviewers consistently pointed to the company’s poor performance and management’s failings. One review simply read, “Advice to Senior Management — Please make up your mind what we want to do, where we want to compete.” Reviews also complained that layoffs will not solve the company’s problems.
    sledge007 likes this.
  3.    #3  
    I felt like the advice part was spot on! Way too late for WebOS, but, still, the workers get it.
    Not so long ago, according the same or similar review, HP would/ could have been the best company to work for. We don't know about what will happen in the future.

Though I'm a "worker" do I realize that the workers don't "get it!"
    Game over!
    I think that HP could had been on number 2#(they stink as a company), because of what everything that has happened with WebOS and the great opportunity they had on making a killing in the market with WebOS(was unforgivable when they cancelled it). While everyone places their faith on Mrs Whitman, not even her could save a company like HP....
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information. I somewhere believe the rating of the companies which have been published in websites.