1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm trying to hotsync my Treo 300 with Outlook/Windows XP Pro machine via USB cable. After pressing the sync button, hotsync starts but on its half way the PC suddenly reboots. Have anyone had same problem? I searched "outlook sync" but could not find answer. Thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by treon
    Hi,

I'm trying to hotsync my Treo 300 with Outlook/Windows XP Pro machine via USB cable. After pressing the sync button, hotsync starts but on its half way the PC suddenly reboots. Have anyone had same problem? I searched "outlook sync" but could not find answer. Thanks for your help.
    I bet it is some sort of USB problem. I would uninstall Palm/Spring/Handspring and reinstall. That would be step # 1.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    I have the same problem. In my case it is because I have a Dual CPU machine. To fix the problem, the hotsync process must have its affinity tied to processor zero. To do this:

1) make sure the hotsync process is running (not actually doing a hotsync, of course)

2) Bring up the windows taks manager

3) click on the Processes tab

4) find and select (left click) the HOTSYNC.EXE process

5) Right click on it to bring up a dialog and select
    Set Affinity ...

6) Select only CPU zero

Of course, if you have a single CPU system, you must have some other problem.

-Phil
  4.    #4  
    Phil,

My PC is single CPU, but thanks for trying to help.