1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed if you double tap in the upper left corner in most programs, it acts as an exit command?
    ~mark
    Please give an example. I tried phone, to do, calc, and several of my apps. Nothing happened except the menu came down or went away etc.
  3.    #3  
    in a program where there is a blue tab in the upper left corner, double-tap almost in the exact upper left corner and the program should close
    ~mark
    Oh I'll bet that's an OS4 thing. I forgot we were in the general forum. I have a Treo 300 which is OS3.5.x.
  5.    #5  
    i'm using a treo 90
    ~mark
    Closing a program is a PC/Pocket PC defect. In the Palm system there aren't many reasons why you need to close a program.

When you move from program to program all relevant updates and saves are executed automatically so what is the function of "closing" a program?

And if you manage to close the program, what will you see on the Palm screen?
    Originally posted by Abid
    And if you manage to close the program, what will you see on the Palm screen?
    It goes to the launcher by default if you program your application to exit.
    Can you name one program that does this? I've got a Treo 90, and haven't found anything that behaves that way. The Palm standard programs don't.

Maybe this is a function of some hack you have installed?
    Originally posted by markcyst
    in a program where there is a blue tab in the upper left corner, double-tap almost in the exact upper left corner and the program should close
    What are you talking about? I have been using a Treo 90 as well and none of the programs close when I double-tap in the exact upper left corner of the blue tab or for that matter anywhere else in the blue tab. Turn off your Hack's and try it out again. If in doubt Hard Reset your Treo and see if you can replicate the "program close" behaviour. - I doubt it.

10.    #10  
    no hacks and still works
    ~mark
    i tried it and it worked for me. pretty neat. and the only hack i have installed is the keycapshack.

specifically it worked for me in the phone contacts app, call history app, splashphoto, pocketflash, splashID, TCRinger, the directory assistant PQA, hotsync screen, the system preferences app, big clock (i tried these all and then figured it just works... stopped trying)

i'm on a treo300, with the standard OS3.5 of course.
    Last edited by aarons12; 01/28/2003 at 07:03 PM.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    i tried it and it worked for me. pretty neat. and the only hack i have installed is the keycapshack.

specifically it worked for me in the phone contacts app, call history app, splashphoto, pocketflash, splashID, TCRinger, the directory assistant PQA, hotsync screen, the system preferences app, big clock (i tried these all and then figured it just works... stopped trying)

i'm on a treo300, with the standard OS3.5 of course.
    It works on your Treo 300? Okay please explain precisely what you are doing. I spent around 10 minutes trying a bunch of things; disabling hacks, soft booting, soft booting w/ pgup, and I can't get the double tap in the upper left to do anything other than bring up the menu.
    probably easiest one to try is in the phone section. go to the contacts app or the call history app. in the upper left is a blue (or other color if you've changed colors) bar that you can tap to bring down a menu. if you tap twice quickly right at the left end of that bar, the program will exit.

in my case, it exits to my default launcher program, megalauncher. because i have megalauncher set to one of the hard buttons, this trick is of limited use, as one press of the hard button is still less work than a double tap with the stylus. but it is neat that it works.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    probably easiest one to try is in the phone section. go to the contacts app or the call history app. in the upper left is a blue (or other color if you've changed colors) bar that you can tap to bring down a menu. if you tap twice quickly right at the left end of that bar, the program will exit.

in my case, it exits to my default launcher program, megalauncher. because i have megalauncher set to one of the hard buttons, this trick is of limited use, as one press of the hard button is still less work than a double tap with the stylus. but it is neat that it works.
    This is a result of KeycapsHack. It isn't closing the app, per se, it is just launching the launcher.
    Originally posted by sgruby
    This is a result of KeycapsHack. It isn't closing the app, per se, it is just launching the launcher.
    Ahhhhhhh! Ok I see it in the code. Check it out. It's only when double tap is set for Option: $. Because when you double tap menu key it goes to launch... AND because it sees tapping the title bar as the same as a menu key, and hence, double tapping the title bar makes it go to the launcher.

KeyCapsHack 0.6 EvtGetEvent.c: lines 109-135.
    ok, learn something new every day! who would have thought that had something to do with keys?
    Can someone tell me how to do the keycapshack or show me a link to it. thx
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...1&prodID=45932

you will also need xmaster or hackmaster to install this or any hack