Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
  1.    #1  
    I don't know if "quality" is the right word, but after spending almost a month on the Android discussion sites, I have determined something:

WebOS users seem to be of a higher caliber.

I've had my share of heated discussions on the WebOS Nation, but nothing prepared me for the childishness and immaturity that I have found over at Android. Perhaps it's because there are more Android users and so there are more problem cases to be had, or perhaps it is because the moderators over here try to keep things at a civil level, but I have been sadly amazed at the animosity and downright rude things that posters level at each other - especially towards someone who differs in their opinion.

Yes, we have had our own problems on WebOS, and there are immature users here, but the level of almost HATE for anyone who gives an alternative opinion is unparalleled over on Android. I don't mean to paint them all with the same brush, but it is clear that some posters only read the title of the post or the first line and then respond viscerally without taking time to formulate an intelligent opinion.

I am still WebOS on my Touchpad, and I am enjoying the flexibility of my S3, but I do miss having a WebOS phone. I plan on living in both worlds (Android and WebOS) for as long as it takes - hopefully we will get WebOS ported to a strong phone soon, and find a way to get the apps transferred, too.

WebOS users, stay classy.
    maybe were a tad different just because theres far less of us and more of the weird or annoying types have a greater chance of posting in greater numbers on the other devices forums.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    AndroidCentral definitely has to deal with a LOT more of the tweens and teens, which is a heck of a job (think: herding cats). Definitely a different maturity level to deal with on that front. With Open WebOS, we'll probably see more of the enthusiast type instead of the teens for some time to come. Pro's and Con's for that one.
    bevcraw likes this.
  4.    #4  
    I'm enthusiastic - can we have success without "the great unwashed"?
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    AndroidCentral definitely has to deal with a LOT more of the tweens and teens, which is a heck of a job (think: herding cats). Definitely a different maturity level to deal with on that front. With Open WebOS, we'll probably see more of the enthusiast type instead of the teens for some time to come. Pro's and Con's for that one.
    I was a professional cat hurder for a time (yes that was intentional), then that career got apothekered.... now I have the high paying job of forum moderator

I will say there is something to be said about numbers (and age of users)... Part of what makes this place special is *most* of us are hard core geeks (even many of those that have left), at some point we fell in love with Palm and for a lot of us, that was long before android and iOS, before google ever existed (all of this adding to the age factor TBH). Having that group around to lead has been helpful to maintain a positive atmosphere.

Also there is something about the community, lots of webOS folks stick together even after leaving to another OS, the developers and homebrews are awesome... it leads to more of a community feel.

(Disclaimer: All of the comments above are mine and do not reflect the feelings of webOS Nation or Mobile Nations )
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    zubiaur and Rnp like this.
    Of course... OldSkool is the exception to the rule around here.

(Disclaimer: All of the comments above are mine and I'm pretty sure reflect the feelings of webOS Nation and Mobile Nations ) LOL
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA love you too buddy!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I'm enthusiastic - can we have success without "the great unwashed"?
    I love how in your first post you talk about 'staying classy' and in your next you are dismissing 'the great unwashed'?
    beardedspoooon likes this.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Not all Android forums are created equal. That being said, there's definitely a lot of threads that crop up with titles like "I need an Jelly Bean rom made for my Motorola Droid ASAP". Then two minutes later, they'll reply to their own thread with "Why hasn't anyone created this yet? I need this now!"
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I've had my share of heated discussions on the WebOS Nation, but nothing prepared me for the childishness and immaturity that I have found over at Android.
    I'm going to avoid going into a rant about how terrible most Android forums are, and just say this: Judging from my experiences, the webOS community is by far more civilized than the Android community. That makes me especially sad since I'm a full-time Android user and have no real "home" to go to. The thing I miss most about webOS isn't cards, synergy, or the multitasking; it's the amazing sense of community we have here. You guys really are a classy and respectful bunch.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    It's the Palm Brotherhood
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Garrett92C, zubiaur and Rnp like this.
    We're spoiled.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    didnt they die in oblivion?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    We're spoiled.
    I thought that was my milk...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Dude... Replay that in your head. It don't sound quite how you think it does...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I love how in your first post you talk about 'staying classy' and in your next you are dismissing 'the great unwashed'?
    Well...he told US to stay classy...I guess somebody has to do the laundry and clean the tub.

I've been a janitor (for pay) and still are one at home...so, I'll try to stay classy while dealing with people, places, and things that need a little scrubbing.

Some folks would rather not be scrubbed though, have to respect their decision...but from an appropriate distance...perhaps upwind.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post

I've been a janitor (for pay).
    Are you really? I always applaud the work janitors do to keep places classy. Thank you sir! When ever I see a custodian cleaning, I always take my time to thank them for their work.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Like the classy band on the Titanic that continued playing while the ship sank. Gentlemen, it's been a priviledge...
    Fisack23 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Well...he told US to stay classy...I guess somebody has to do the laundry and clean the tub.

I've been a janitor (for pay) and still are one at home...so, I'll try to stay classy while dealing with people, places, and things that need a little scrubbing.

Some folks would rather not be scrubbed though, have to respect their decision...but from an appropriate distance...perhaps upwind.
    That's the first time in recent memory I've seen anyone use that emoticon. I never really saw a use for it, until now.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    That's the first time in recent memory I've seen anyone use that emoticon. I never really saw a use for it, until now.
    LOL use it a lot in OT forums (not here)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast