1.    #1  
    After different upgrades, I can find duplicated entries in the list of services under Network Prefs , something like this :
    Orange MIB
    Orange MIB
    Orange MIB
    Orange MIB GPRS
    Orange MIB GPRS
    Orange MIB GPRS
    Orange WAP
    Orange WAP
    Orange WAP
    Orange WAP GPRS
    Orange WAP GPRS
    Orange WAP GPRS
    Orange Web
    Orange Web
    Orange Web

When I try to delete or to unlock one of these, the message is (translated from French) : "This network service have been installed by your mobile operator. It can't be deleted"
    How can I clean it ?
    Note I have installed GPRS 1.1.1 over GPRS 1.1.

Best regards

TreoBuddy
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
    Treobuddy,

I just went through this and figured it out. I have a GPRS 1.1 upgraded Treo 270 on the Cingular network in the US. I recently wanted to do a hard reset and reinstall apps from scratch since I believed there was too much garbage left behind from installing/uninstalling software (by the way, I got over 0.5Mb back doing this.)

I've been keeping backups of my "backup" directory over the months so this is what saved me. If you don't have backups, you might be able to find someone with the appropriate file you need... I used the NetworkDB.pdb file from an old backup that contained the correct network options in the pull-down menu. I copied that file into the backup dir and set the system to "Desktop overrides handheld." Sync. The key was to NOT sync my saved preferences. If I did sync the saved_preferences.prc then I would get duplicates. So, on my final hotsync, I excluded that file and all is working again.

The key is to get a NetworkDB file that contains the correct options, do a hard reset, sync once with desktop overriding handheld, and then syncing everything else except saved preferences. That worked for me.

Sorry for the long post but I didn't know how else to explain it.

Don