1.    #1  
    My wife and I are building a house, which is currently under construction. During one evening a few weeks ago, we had a babysitter watching our kids so we could go out to dinner. After dinner, we decided to check on the progress of the house.

We thought we had a flashlight in the car, which we would use to look around the house (since its under construction, our house still has no electricity). Only after we parked in front of our new house did we realize that we had left the flashlight at home.

Fortunately, I remembered that I had brought my Treo 300 with me. I simply opened up my Treo, and - amazingly - the light projected from the Treo's screen was bright enough to use as a flashlight. While I had to squint a bit, the screen was bright enough for my wife and I to use to guide us around the house.

So, among the many other practical uses of a Treo, you can add "flashlight" to the list.
    Originally posted by gkirsch
    My wife and I are building a house, which is currently under construction. During one evening a few weeks ago, we had a babysitter watching our kids so we could go out to dinner. After dinner, we decided to check on the progress of the house.

We thought we had a flashlight in the car, which we would use to look around the house (since its under construction, our house still has no electricity). Only after we parked in front of our new house did we realize that we had left the flashlight at home.

Fortunately, I remembered that I had brought my Treo 300 with me. I simply opened up my Treo, and - amazingly - the light projected from the Treo's screen was bright enough to use as a flashlight. While I had to squint a bit, the screen was bright enough for my wife and I to use to guide us around the house.

So, among the many other practical uses of a Treo, you can add "flashlight" to the list.
    i use it as a flashlight all the time. it's awesome. especially helpful for things like finding the keyhole to your front door in the dark.
    Originally posted by chuhsi

i use it as a flashlight all the time. it's awesome. especially helpful for things like finding the keyhole to your front door in the dark.
    'shpecially if ur drunk <hic>
    I had read your post last night on the train. When I got home our front light was out, so I used my Treo 300 to light the way! Funny, I would not have thought of that had I not seen your post. My husband asked if the Treo was going make dinner too!
    [i]My husband asked if the Treo was going make dinner too! [/B]
    Your response should have been Yes! Of course! as you use the Treo to call for pizza delivery

Michael
    Originally posted by mfacelle

Your response should have been Yes! Of course! as you use the Treo to call for pizza delivery

Michael
    as in 'what does an american princess make for dinner - reservations!'??
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Because of a rib injury I have been sleeping in a recliner. I keep the Treo 300 on a night stand by the recliner and use it as a night light to see what I'm doing with glasses of water or kleenex or whatever during the night without lighting up the entire room.

Ron
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Ron Vermillion
    Because of a rib injury I have been sleeping in a recliner. I keep the Treo 300 on a night stand by the recliner and use it as a night light to see what I'm doing with glasses of water or kleenex or whatever during the night without lighting up the entire room.

Ron
    Also use as a nightlight, ive only got the 180g but it lights up pretty nice.
    That is a great story! My wife and I used to love coming out to see our house while it was under construction.

If you ever get a chance to see a Visor Prism turned up to full brightness at night, you could light up the neighbors house, too. That PDA is almost to bright at night!
    visit us at www.tdscomputer.com
    If your building a house, make sure to video tape the stud walls and wiring, as reference for later, especially if you are running any wires yourself.

Good tip on the flashlight.