1.    #1  
    I know this is probably a stupid question, but how can I select apps using the keyboard? If I have the Launcher screen (or the palm home) active, and I have a 4x3 matrix of apps on the screen, how can I move between them and select one using the keyboard?

Sorry if I'm a dunce about this.....I continue to struggle with the move from graffiti to keyboard.
    Originally posted by pbryon
    how can I select apps using the keyboard? If I have the Launcher screen (or the palm home) active, and I have a 4x3 matrix of apps on the screen, how can I move between them and select one using the keyboard?
    There is no keyboard tricks to start an app that I'm aware of.
    The easiest way is to use your finger to "click" on an icon to start its app...
    I know this is probably a stupid question, but how can I select apps using the keyboard? If I have the Launcher screen (or the palm home) active, and I have a 4x3 matrix of apps on the screen, how can I move between them and select one using the keyboard?
    You can't. Not with the default launcher unless you are using a Treo 90 which hi-lights the application icons when you more the arrow keys.

You could also try a launcher like Launcher X that can scrunch the icons more closely together (you can get as much as a 5x4 matrix with Launcher X) and moves between different categories when you scroll with the arrow keys or jog dial. Then you can just tap on the application icon with your finger.
    I think there are few which would allow it.

Though I never really tried them, I know there are:
    Mousy
    and maybe PowerJog

Sorry if I'm a dunce about this.....I continue to struggle with the move from graffiti to keyboard.
    If you are using the default Launcher and you have a lot of apps, pressing the key which corresponds to the first letter of the app you want will scroll the screen to that app (and all other apps beginning with that letter). Then it's just a matter of hitting the apps icon with your finger.

Yeah, I know - crude.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the help. I guess I wasn't missing anything. You'd have thought there would be a way to do this (like spelling out the app) without having to tap the screen. Oh well.
    Powerjog will allow you to select an app and launch it with just the jog dial.

http://palmgear.com/software/showsof...3&prodID=40142
    Pbyron,

Try Speedy launcher (not the speed program). This program can be assigned to a hardkey. On launching it then typing the name of a program will automatically launch the program without having to touch the screen.

Basically what you require.
    So I tried your Speedy app and got 3 fatal alerts back to back. It's history and I don't recommend it.