1.    #1  
    I just got an SMS today saying 11 digit dialing is coming to my mobile phone? So I have to dial 1 + the area code and number for all calls, even local...

Is this a T-mobile thing? All the numbers in my address book just have the area code and number. Hope i don't have to go through it and add 1's to everything...

ajay
    I'm not sure what they are talking about, but from my experience with various cell providers over the last few years the "1" is optional and you can always include the area code even for local calls... so that's 10 digit dialing...
  3.    #3  
    Yea, that's what I usally do. It's just weird to get an SMS about it. Wonder if anyone else got it...
    I assume this is in anticipation of Verizon's "switch" in NYC to 11 digit dialing for land-line phones. All calls in NYC will be 11 digit calls come Feb.1. Maybe there's a connection.
    Hey,

You can add the one automatically to all of your numbers by doing the following"

1. Open the PhoneBook application and go nto the Contacts view

2. Click on the Menu key on your keyboard (the one beside the zero button), then press the letter "Z"

3. You will get the Dial Preferences screen. Puct a check mark beside "Always dial 1 in front of the area code" and press OK.

Originally posted by bigdaddyajay
    I just got an SMS today saying 11 digit dialing is coming to my mobile phone? So I have to dial 1 + the area code and number for all calls, even local...

Is this a T-mobile thing? All the numbers in my address book just have the area code and number. Hope i don't have to go through it and add 1's to everything...

ajay
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?