Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to find out if you have a US or European version ie 900/1900 or 900/1800?
    Don't know if this will work, but have you tried the shortcut/period/6 trick. This shows the ROM build. (Be careful to enter 6 and not 5. 5 deletes your username and plays hell during your next hotsync.)
    Take a trip to Europe?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Could you please tell me how to use the "shortcut/period/6 trick".
    The reason for asking is that I bought my Treo 270 in the US, and due to a fault with the phone I had a replacement from the UK.
    And I live in Norway.(and that is in Europe)
    Draugen,

Just tried the shortcut/dot trick on my Treo 90 and it only gives me the date of the Rom build. Here's how you do it. Go the the Palm built in Memo App (not Wordsmith or thrid party memo) open any memo. Type the letter "s". Tap the list key. Scroll down to the the shortcut character (last one). Press return. Type a period. Type the number 6. This will show you the ROM date for sure.

You can also use Filez, freeware from nosleep.net. Tap the information button. This gives a version number of 256 (?) on mine.

Lastly, from the Treo Launcher screen menu choose the info option. Tap the version button. On the top of your screen will be the version#. The latest American version is 4.1H3 for the American Treo90. Not sure what it is for the communicators.

Maybe I've been of no help, but hopefully I have.

Kevin
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Thank's for your help, i have not been able yet to find out if it is a US or European version.
    I will the Serial no. to Handspring support and they should then be able to tell me.
    Best regards