1.    #1  
    I love VeriChat...it is cool and useful and charming (for lack of a better word) but for this price?
    http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/verichat_real.html
    What do you think?
    m00se
    Worth every penny if you IM a lot!
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Worth every penny if you IM a lot!
    I guess so. But Yahoo Massanger, AOL IM and/or MSN Messanger are free.
    Can't speak for MSN or Yahoo but if you search the forum on AIM, it'll do a number on your treo!!
    Originally posted by m00se
    [BWhat do you think?[/B]
    Yeah it's a bit expensive, but I used my Christmas money to buy it so it's not like it cost me anything
    yeah yahoo, msn, and aim may be free, but you have to be in the app itself to send and receive messages. in verichat you can be "always on" even if you are in another app or your phone is turned off (kind of like on a pc). and the footprint of verichat is smaller than one of the aformentioned I'm clients! but my question is where the hell is "chatter"?! that one is free and is sort od like verichat.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by 003oret
    yeah yahoo, msn, and aim may be free, but you have to be in the app itself to send and receive messages. in verichat you can be "always on" even if you are in another app or your phone is turned off (kind of like on a pc). and the footprint of verichat is smaller than one of the aformentioned I'm clients! but my question is where the hell is "chatter"?! that one is free and is sort od like verichat.
    Good question: Where is "Chatter?" Anyone?
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by potatoho

Yeah it's a bit expensive, but I used my Christmas money to buy it so it's not like it cost me anything
    Did you pay for the $49.95 version?
    Yes.. and believe me it takes a lot to get me to buy software. It just happens to do everything I needed, and the exact way that I want it to.. I was in on the beta, and out of coincidence probably, they wound up adding every single thing I wanted.

$50 is big bucks for Palm software, but this is something which I actually use on my job, and it's totally trick on how much it's made things easier for me since I communicate with all my clients via IM -- their choice, not mine.

Actually there is one thing bugging me, which reminds me I need to write to pdaapps and see if they'll consider it. I've noticed that if you don't have a person on your buddy list, then it will ignore messages from them. That's cool! But.. I kinda need that to work in some manner, so I hope they can come up with some way of allowing non-solicited messages to arrive -- even if they require you to check a special list in the app (i.e. no SMS for unsolicited messages).
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by potatoho

Yes.. and believe me it takes a lot to get me to buy software. It just happens to do everything I needed, and the exact way that I want it to.. I was in on the beta, and out of coincidence probably, they wound up adding every single thing I wanted.

$50 is big bucks for Palm software, but this is something which I actually use on my job, and it's totally trick on how much it's made things easier for me since I communicate with all my clients via IM -- their choice, not mine.

Actually there is one thing bugging me, which reminds me I need to write to pdaapps and see if they'll consider it. I've noticed that if you don't have a person on your buddy list, then it will ignore messages from them. That's cool! But.. I kinda need that to work in some manner, so I hope they can come up with some way of allowing non-solicited messages to arrive -- even if they require you to check a special list in the app (i.e. no SMS for unsolicited messages).
    Let me know what they say please and thanks for the advice!
    m00se

I did. I was the first one.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I did. I was the first one.
    How do you know you were the first one?

Incidentally, I also got the expensive version.
    Originally posted by Alli

How do you know you were the first one?

The emailed me and told me as much.
    I bought the $50 also. It is steep but I use the software 10 to 15 times a day. The only other program I use that much is Agendus. I was going to buy the $25 because in a year there might be something better but I could not figure out how much the second year cost.

Derek