1.    #1  
    Treo's have a very loud system click. Changing the system volume (short of turning it off completely) does not affect the click (it only affects the tone that is played along with the click).

I find the click extremely loud and obnoxious for any civil encounter, e.g., meeting, conversation, etc. I find myself turning system sound off most of the time, which is a big loss. Every now and then I turn it back on but go back to turning it off because it's so loud.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Is there any way to control how loud the click is on the Treo? This certainly wasn't a problem with other Palm devices that I have used (most recently Visor Pro and Plam m500).
    Last edited by silverado; 01/15/2003 at 07:27 AM.
    I am the same way. I just leave it off. All the clicking is too annoying. What other sounds are produced by the System sound? Am I missing anything? I guess beeps when you do something wrong, like tapping outside of a dialogue box, instead of responding to it. Anything else?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I agree. Even with system sound off (which mine always is) the clicking of the keys is kind of loud in quiet situations. I guess the only way around that is to use graffiti rather than the keyboard.
    Originally posted by silverado
    Treo's have a very loud system click. Changing the system volume (short of turning it off completely) does not affect the click (it only affects the tone that is played along with the click).

I find the click extremely loud and obnoxious for any civil encounter, e.g., meeting, conversation, etc. I find myself turning system sound off most of the time, which is a big loss. Every now and then I turn it back on but go back to turning it off because it's so loud.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Is there any way to control how loud the click is on the Treo? This certainly wasn't a problem with other Palm devices that I have used (most recently Visor Pro and Plam m500).
    Download, purchase and install Techsounds with X Master or Hack Master - one of its many options is to change, reduce or silence the click sound. It has many other neat options. See: http://www.ecamm.com/

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Another way to eliminate the noise is a hack called SupressKeyClick hack. I use it and it works great