1.    #1  
    What's the best software you've gotten for free? I recently installed Khroma, which allows me to customize the color scheme of the Palm interface. I also use great stuff like McPhling, EasyLaunch and Eudora. What have you found?
    Got Darts?
    i like bigclock, cspotrun, directory assistant, colorize, ang gobble.

hard to pick just one since these are all in different categories (i.e. games, utilities, readers)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I've just discovered the joys of PQAs. It's great. And you can get them all for free.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I've just discovered the joys of PQAs. It's great. And you can get them all for free.
    I thought I followed the instructions carefully to download the propers apps and files but never could get, for example, Directory Assistance, working so I forgot about them.

If you could give some additional examples of what PQAs are good for, other than phone and address lookup, I might get re-motivated to try to figure out why I can't get mine to work; or you might have some suggestions there too. I did previously skim the long threads on this subject, but didn't find any instructions which differed from what I had done, and those in the know seemed to display some impatience with those asking questions about their troubles, so I went on to other things.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Go here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treo/f...ebclipping.zip and download and install all the files except the clipperThai file. Then install a PQA and away you go (oh, restart after you install the clipping libraries.) PQAs basically do everything 99% of the web pages I visit in Blazer do, except twice as fast (at least). News, weather, yellow pages, etc.
    the thing about pqa's is that they are very streamlined. the directory assistant pqa, for instance, will look up an address and phone number for a person or business. then with one tap on the screen, bring up mapquest driving directions.

i also use the ebay pqa, and the google one. there are hundreds. i think i have heard mention of a movies one also for what's playing in local theaters
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by triplespear
    What's the best software you've gotten for free? I recently installed Khroma, which allows me to customize the color scheme of the Palm interface. I also use great stuff like McPhling, EasyLaunch and Eudora. What have you found?
    Even though you asked the question, you gave me a g-r-e-a-t tip with Khroma!

What a great app!

Just downloaded it at your suggestion, and set my Treo to "Traffic" and boy is that soothing and easy on these old eyes!

Makes my Agendus displays look like a million dollars!

Regards,

NateS
    Go here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treo/f...ebclipping.zip and download and install all the files except the clipperThai file. Then install a PQA and away you go (oh, restart after you install the clipping libraries.) PQAs basically do everything 99% of the web pages I visit in Blazer do, except twice as fast (at least). News, weather, yellow pages, etc.
    Thanks Kurt!

Turned out I was missing these two files: Clipper and Wireless! I had the others. Either my mistake or incomplete instructions from somewhere else. Now Directory Assistance works! Amazing!

Can you suggest any other neat PQAs?

Regards,

NateS
    Originally posted by NateS

Thanks Kurt!
    <snip>
    Can you suggest any other neat PQAs?

Regards,

NateS
    Well, here's a follow-up:

I have just had an absolutely wonderful time downloading, installing and using:

abcnews.pqa
    Atomica.pqa
    BigCharts.pqa
    MovieCub.pqa and
    usatoday.pqa

All amazingly fast compared to Blazer!

But I usually use McPhling as a popup launcher, assigned to my last hard button, to go directly to my apps of choice without going through the App screen, but I see that the PQAs don't show up in McPhling. Is there a trick to make them appear, so they can be selected, in McPhling?

If not, is there any other popup launcher similar to McPhling (and as nice) which would include pqas?

(I wonder if there is some trick to make them show up in McPhling?)

Regards,

NateS
    Then install a PQA and away you go
    Hey KRamsauer -- would you recommend a PQA?
    Thanks, m00se
    I'd recommend ESPN.com, MobileWeb, Bloomberg, BigCharts and PDANews.
    I'd recommend ESPN.com, MobileWeb, Bloomberg, BigCharts and PDANews.
    Fantastic!
    m00se
    try "syncall". it's the freeware twin of "backup buddy".
    oncradleon, snapcalc,
    Hello again.
    Short of feeling, humm, stupid, I need help with this: I downloaded the above files and installed them. Now I am trying to get to the PQAs but I get the message: "Your handheld could not connect to the server (iNet 1410)." What do you think the problem is? (I use Treo 270 with GPRS connection.)
    Thanks, m00se
    You might need to change the proxy. Follow the directions elsewhere in the forums.
    Mike Collins
    pdaPhoneHome, Home of the Treo 600 FAQ