1.    #1  
    I just made the jump from graffitti to keyboard (270), and right now I'm struggling a bit--the stylus is still my security blanket. I know about KeyboardCapsHack, are there any other recommended programs or hacks out there that might make my life a little easier?

Hoping that practice will make perfect....
    Originally posted by pbryon

Yep, just practice. Soon your stylus will stay more and more in its holster. I saw something about a speed typing competition for thumboard and graffiti. The winner was some guy using a thumboard which was 50% faster than graffiti.

I use CorrectHack (you will also need X-Master to run Hacks).

You can customise shortcuts and type in any app including SMS. It's pretty fast. Here are some examples which I use:
    nnn = tonight
    ttt = tomorrow
    yyy = yesterday
    aaa = after
    bbb =before
    u =you
    c = see
    b = be
    ill = I'll
    yr = your
    yrr = you're

Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by pbryon
    I just made the jump from graffitti to keyboard (270), and right now I'm struggling a bit--the stylus is still my security blanket. I know about KeyboardCapsHack, are there any other recommended programs or hacks out there that might make my life a little easier?

If you want to be able to do either, I have a free program called JOT installed. Some letters are done a bit different, but if you'd like the option, it's there.
    HS is giving away RecoEcho on their site to Treo owners for free. It restores graffiti.

Try typing "dont" followed by a space on your Treo. There are about a hundred autocorrections built in. Most common contractions are there. Also try "mo" "mins" and see what happens.

TreoKBUtils lets you navigate up or down as well as sideways and highlight without a stylus. It's free.

Double Quick Hack can add a few functions. It's free. Most documentation is in Japanese, so you'll have to feel your way around it. Enables you to engage certain functions by double tapping keys.

KeyCapsHack is also freeware, it fires option characters or caps by holding down a key or double tapping it. However, the holding down slows down your thumbing.

I also agree with Nzmoko that CorrectHack is worth the money. You can automate all kinds to text insertion with it. Once you get your Treo hacked out, you'll not only forget graffiti, but you'll also wish your PC was as effective as your thumboard.