1.    #1  
    Hello everyone.

(I did a search on this subject but couldn't find anything.)
    When I talk to people I have to turn the volume all the way up and still, in some situations -- if it's a bit loud outside, I can't hear them. Is there a fix to this problem?
    Thanks! m00se
    The only workaround that I'm aware of is to put the treo into speakerphone mode. You can do this by pushing the spacebar while on call. Then adjust the volume to a comfortable level.
    You may also use the headset that dramatically improves the sound quality.
    Originally posted by m00se
    Hello everyone.

When I talk to people I have to turn the volume all the way up and still, in some situations -- if it's a bit loud outside, I can't hear them. Is there a fix to this problem?
    Thanks! m00se
    I can't believe no one has written a simple volume hack yet... anyone?
    Hello everyone.

Thanks! m00se
    Having completely taken apart my Treo (see my post in the 180 section "Treo HFL"), and removing the very strong magnetic switch from the fliplid, I can confirm that the volume is not only more clear and crisp, it is definitely loader. Unless the circumstances are extreme (like I'm in a very crowded pub), I simply cannot have Treo at full volume now for fear of rupturing my eardrum

Not sure why HS put the magnet right next to the speaker (which, like most speakers, has a magnet in it)? My angle is the magnetic field coming off the switch magnet (it's very powerful) is affecting the speaker magnet.

Also, there is a magnet under the letter 'D' on the thumboard (the other half of the magnetic switch). As opposite polls attract, surely it can't be good for the speaker having its diaphram sucked out of its housing everytime the lid is closed. The reverse would apply for like polls - still can't be good.
    Hello everyone.

Thanks! m00se
    This issue has been covered many times in discussions here.

My first 300 had a weak apeaker. Couldn't hear anyone. Returned it. My next one had a much better speaker. However, I stick to using the headset for the best way to hear my callers.
    Originally posted by chuhsi

This issue has been covered many times in discussions here.
    But the question still remains, why hansn't someone written a simple hack to raise the volume 150%? (i.e., if you put it on 2 of 8 bars, then it will be as loud as 6 of 8 bars would normally be.)

On my 180, the three lowest volume settings are completely useless, even in a quiet room with the phone against my ear you can't hear the caller.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by jchristopher

But the question still remains, why hansn't someone written a simple hack to raise the volume 150%? (i.e., if you put it on 2 of 8 bars, then it will be as loud as 6 of 8 bars would normally be.)

On my 180, the three lowest volume settings are completely useless, even in a quiet room with the phone against my ear you can't hear the caller.
    I agree with you 150%!!!
    m00se