1.    #1  
    Is there any way to turn on the Palm on-screen keyboard on a Treo 90 within a program that doesn't put it on the menu? The full-scrren vertical graffiti swipe that works on other palms doesn't, even with RecoEcho+.
    Originally posted by awschwab
    Is there any way to turn on the Palm on-screen keyboard on a Treo 90 within a program that doesn't put it on the menu? The full-scrren vertical graffiti swipe that works on other palms doesn't, even with RecoEcho+.
    You'll find the question stupid, I'm sure, but I have to ask it:
    Why do you need an on-screen keyboard, as one of the main Treo' feature is the built-in keyboard (fast and easy to use)?

Even Palm understood the superiority of the built-in keyboard, as it is available on their new Palm Tungsten W to hit the shelves soon.
    Originally posted by dennis3232

You'll find the question stupid, I'm sure, but I have to ask it:
    Why do you need an on-screen keyboard, as one of the main Treo' feature is the built-in keyboard (fast and easy to use)?
    The 90's keyboard isn't backlit, right? So it might be hard to use in the dark. Therefore an onscreen keyboard would work.
  4.    #4  
    Yes, the backlight is part of it. The other part is that there are a few characters that are inconvenient to type in. They take multiple keystrokes even if you do remember where they are. (Semicolon takes 4 keystrokes minimum: option, colon, list type, return) You need quite good light to see the faint blue option meaning of the keys, and then need to figure out which one is most like the character you need so that you can use the list type key and scroll buttons to choose the correct character. Since the on-sceen keyboard can be used at the same time as the actual keyboard, for some entries it's convenient -- particularly until I become more familiar with the keyboard. It is becoming faster now.
    Sorry guys!
    I'm using Treo 270, and find its keyboard very convenient.
    But it is backlit.
    It didn't know that treo 90's wasn't.

My mistake.
    Usually you can only use the OS keyboard if it's on the menu. If it's not on the menu, the app is probably not able to call it up. for less button presses, you might try correct hack. It autocompletes words. You can set it so Period/Period/Space calls up the semicolon. Still you've got a few keypresses, but it become intuitive and really speed things up.