1.    #1  
    My next app is a kids. It has 200 pictures. I plan to sell it with 50 enabled and InApp purchases for the rest.

The app will be released for WebOS, Android and iOS.

On WebOS and Android I have to use Paypal for the InApp (due to my limited knowledge), so my question is if it will be fine to limit it to paypal payment or release a "plus" version with the 200 pictures enabled, so people without paypal can buy it, or people that does not trust me/paypal enough can have the full version. Of course, if there is a full version out there, the full version can be pirated...

What about a "lite" version with 5 or 10 pictures enabled, and InApp purchases for 50, 100 and 200 pictures? Are demos/lite not worth the effort? Somewhere I read that lite versions only work for people not buying the full version; if there is a full version, some people will just bought it, and perhaps they do not like it a lot, but ->it is a sale!<-

Another idea could be to release the full game and the demo/lite a few months later, when start sales drop.

One of my apps was on sale 3 months on WebOS until the free app was released. It only sold 15 copies during this 3 months and +100 sales when the demo was out. Anyway, I think it was because a flame war was on the comments (it was set as Pixi compatible and it was not working), so this flame war/1star/5stars/ManyComments just upped the app in the Market sales list. Yes, if you hit the "hot" list your app will sell.

More ideas are wellcomed.
    Hi,

I know that for me personally, there are times when I'm not too sure if I'll like an app, and rather than buy it, be disappointed and have to try and see if I can get a refund, I would much rather try the demo version first and then buy the full version if I like it enough.

There are times though when the demo by itself meets all my needs, and then I put off or never get around to buying the full version, so it is a bit of a double edged sword. I'd suggest you make the lite version really lite - enough to get people to decide whether they like it, but leaving them wanting a lot more so they'll be inclined to buy it. Also, I prefer in-app purchases that will unlock/download the extra features or content rather than having to install the full version as a separate app.
    My only wonder about in app purchases is what happens if i dr? Is the purchase attached to my profile?

That ??? wholds me back from making any in app purchases

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    My only wonder about in app purchases is what happens if i dr? Is the purchase attached to my profile?

That ??? wholds me back from making any in app purchases

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Yes
    Newness Developments apps: