1.    #1  
    Here's What HP Employees REALLY Think About New CEO Meg Whitman

Interesting...some insight into the culture (dysfunction) and first impressions...

Here's What HP Employees REALLY Think About New CEO Meg Whitman
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    I wouldn't read to much into this. They talked to a few employees then based an entire companies employee opinions to match that.

Change the name HP to any other company and find some disgruntled employee that exists in any of those companies and you can have a new biased article about that company.

Do you think my high regards of Meg Whitman would be included in said article had I had the opportunity to present those?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  3.    #3  
    Some of the slides had positive things to say. I wouldn't say it was all negative...

(Did you go through the slides?)
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by Johncase3 View Post
    Some of the slides had positive things to say. I wouldn't say it was all negative...

(Did you go through the slides?)
    I agree that some did have positive things to say and I should of clarified more, but it seemed with every positive it was tried to be positioned with a negative.

Like "we love that Meg did blah blah blah, BUT etc."

My thing is that the story didn't "uncover anything." It told a simple story of corporate america. Some people that work in a business are happy, some are upset, some don't care.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    good news doesnt sell as well as bad news for the media.
    All I can say is that I sent her an e-mail after announcing open sourcing webOS. I said that it was good to see a CEO looking at a long haul strategy instead of the next qtr, and wished her well with the choice.

She replied, not some lackey. HP has 200,000 employees.

To me, that says something.
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    All I can say is that I sent her an e-mail after announcing open sourcing webOS. I said that it was good to see a CEO looking at a long haul strategy instead of the next qtr, and wished her well with the choice.

She replied, not some lackey. HP has 200,000 employees.

To me, that says something.
    Thats 305,000 employees.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I wasn't too thrilled when the news broke, but us remnants of Palm (roughly 0.1% of HP's workforce) have had 2 group meetings with her so far and I found her to be a real change: she started the first meeting saying "I've been in politics for 2 years so nothing you can ask will hurt my feelings - ask anything" and she then answered all of our questions. As mentioned in one of the pages of the above site, she said she would do X, Y, and Z by these dates, and did them.

Someone asked if she used a webOS phone: she replied that she tried the Pre3 and didn't like the sound quality, so no. But that she really likes her TouchPad and she uses that a lot. It has been a long time since I've heard an honest negative answer from any CEO... got to respect that.

edc