Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Rnp and xandros9 like this.
    =D I was starting the same thread before see yours! Seems they're capitalizing on webOS best features. Dont forget webos is now a part of PSG.
    It would be nice if officially or unofficially we get an app that lets the Touch To Share communicate with the NFC palmrest.

...So you could tap your Pre3 against the Envy and get a website to send across the devices...lol...considering that is all you can do anyways.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Its only available with a android app?!?! isnt that some poopee. what else are they gonna **** on us webOS users with?! geeez! lol
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    This is nothing to do with TTS, it's actually the opposite - the dropping of their proprietary system and HP moving into the mainstream by adopting NFC. None of this will work with any existing WebOS device (except I believe for the touchpad GO which has an NFC chip in it).
    None of this will work with any existing WebOS device (except I believe for the touchpad GO which has an NFC chip in it).
    Who guarantee? Until now, we don't know exactly what have or not inside the notebook...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Who guarantee? Until now, we don't know exactly what have or not inside the notebook...

Best Regards...
    We don't know for sure, but NFC being an actual standard it's pretty easy to see the existing TTS frequencies don't match up with NFC.
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    As far as I can tell from the web, it uses a bog standard NFC implementation.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
  9.    #9  
    Wishful thinking, the A6 chip actually has firmware. If the radio interface is similar, we might be able to get it closer to NFC compatible if we know exactly what is it. Much like draft-N and N...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Here's what I've been able to find out: ht tp://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Next-Bench-Blog/A-Quick-Look-at-HP-ENVY-14-Spectre/bc-p/76571#M5564

So, it looks like it might be incompatible, but since Spectre and the webOS devices both support BT for Touch-to-Share, it should be possible with a software update. If/when I get a Spectre unit, I will try to get it to work.