1.    #1  
    Hello comrades... It seems HS ships all Treos with CityTime installed. Since I use WorldMate and find it much better, I was trying to delete CityTime, but no luck. Does anyone know how to do it please?
    m00se
    I think CityTime can not be deleted because it is in the Treo's ROM memory. You would need to get a program called JackFlash to reflash the ROM without CityTime. I don't think it's worth the trouble.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Distrachi
    I think CityTime can not be deleted because it is in the Treo's ROM memory. You would need to get a program called JackFlash to reflash the ROM without CityTime. I don't think it's worth the trouble.
    So I am basically stuck with it and it hugs memoery...ouch.
    Thanks much! m00se
    A whole 51K too. How are you going to manage
    City Time is in decompressed into RAM on the Treo 90 and should be able to be deleted. I think it's in ROM on all other Treos and therefore not taking up any RAM. There are some hacks at PalmGear that can make the icon disappear, but they don't delete the app. (I haven't tried any and don't know their names.)
    Originally posted by Distrachi
    Correct:
    You need Jackflash to delete it from ROM.
    You may consider to get Jacksprat (a handy app that comes in the Jackflash bundle) to delete City Time and any other unecessary files that eat your ROM, such as extra languages.
    By doing so, you may use Jackflash to free RAM by moving some apps from RAM to ROM.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Appleman
    A whole 51K too. How are you going to manage
    I am not sure......
  8.    #8  
    Actually my biggest problem with CityTime is that it freezes my Treo 270 often, so I'd rather say 'adios' to it if I could. And, as I said, WorldMate is a much better app anyhow.
    Thanks again everyone!
    m00se
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by dennis3232

Correct:
    You need Jackflash to delete it from ROM.
    You may consider to get Jacksprat (a handy app that comes in the Jackflash bundle) to delete City Time and any other unecessary files that eat your ROM, such as extra languages.
    By doing so, you may use Jackflash to free RAM by moving some apps from RAM to ROM.
    I tried them both: JackFlash tells me I have no flash available, and JackSprat tells me it works with the Palm 0S 4.0 or higher (Treo is only OS 3.5).
    Thanks, m00se
    Originally posted by m00se

I tried them both: JackFlash tells me I have no flash available, and JackSprat tells me it works with the Palm 0S 4.0 or higher (Treo is only OS 3.5).
    Thanks, m00se
    Correct:
    JackSprat, by deleting unwanted files from your ROM, creates space to let JackFlash work and free your RAM.
    By default, your ROM is usually full with version languages and other apps (as CityTime, in your case) that you don't need/want.

I'm using JackFlash/Sprat bundle 2.6, fully compatible with Treo's Palm OS version, as I used JaskSprat (actually v.2.0b10) to clean up my ROM and JaskFlash (v.2.6) regularily to get more space to play with new apps!
    Check www.brayder.com/products/jackflash.html for more info...
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by dennis3232

Correct:
    JackSprat, by deleting unwanted files from your ROM, creates space to let JackFlash work and free your RAM.
    By default, your ROM is usually full with version languages and other apps (as CityTime, in your case) that you don't need/want.

I'm using JackFlash/Sprat bundle 2.6, fully compatible with Treo's Palm OS version, as I used JaskSprat (actually v.2.0b10) to clean up my ROM and JaskFlash (v.2.6) regularily to get more space to play with new apps!
    Check www.brayder.com/products/jackflash.html for more info...
    Howdy,
    Handago.com or Palmgear.com sell only JackSprat v. 2.0 which works only with Palm OS 4.0 or higher. I couldn't find anywhere the version that you have mentioned here...any ideas?
    Thanks, m00se
  12.    #12  

Howdy,
    Handago.com or Palmgear.com sell only JackSprat v. 2.0 which works only with Palm OS 4.0 or higher. I couldn't find anywhere the version that you have mentioned here...any ideas?
    Thanks, m00se
    I am correcting myself. The version of JackSprat that I use is v. 1.2 which works only with OS 4.0+
    Brayder's own website
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by UniPalmer

Brayder's own website
    Thanks for sticking with me on this one. I downloaded JackFlash v. 2.6 (paid for it!) but JackSprat did not come bundled with it (only JackSafe.prc and & removeFP.prc). So I downloaded JackSprat v. 2.0b as a demo but it tells me I can't remove ROM because the demo does not allow it. I could not find anywhere a paid version of JackSprat 2.0b. I am back to square one...
    m00se
  15.    #15  

Thanks for sticking with me on this one. I downloaded JackFlash v. 2.6 (paid for it!) but JackSprat did not come bundled with it (only JackSafe.prc and & removeFP.prc). So I downloaded JackSprat v. 2.0b as a demo but it tells me I can't remove ROM because the demo does not allow it. I could not find anywhere a paid version of JackSprat 2.0b. I am back to square one...
    m00se
    Thanks for the help
    I could not find anywhere a paid version of JackSprat 2.0b.
    $7.95
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!

m00se
    There, http://www.brayder.com/onlinestore.html, they sale JaskFlash / JackSprat bundle for $26.95.
    A good deal.