1.    #1  
    I opened up my Treo shortly after midnight last night to check the time, and the first thing I saw was a black & white animation of fireworks with the words "Happy New Year"!

Either someone has managed to send me a flash SMS (or MMS?) or Handspring has built this little surprise into my communicator.

Did anyone else experience this?!

AC
    Ha ha just kidding. Wish I did see that. Figure it out let us know.
    I've been seeing that for years on my old Palm IIIx but I haven't seen it since I've had a treo. I think it is the result of some kind of software. Were you looking at bigclock at midnight?
    I saw it too! I do have big clock installed, but I don't think I was in that program at the time. I might have been, though. It was wild to see those fireworks bursts!

Andrew
    The string "Happy New Year!" is embedded in BigClock -- so it is the likely culprit.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
  6. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Same here... and I'm sure it was BigClock, too...
    Definitely Bigclock - I just replicated it 2x in a row after altering the time and date and watching the screen as it hit 12:00 Midnight 1/1/03
    Originally posted by kayden75
    Definitely Bigclock - I just replicated it 2x in a row after altering the time and date and watching the screen as it hit 12:00 Midnight 1/1/03
    Wow! The Wizard of Space and Time!!
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!