Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gbp
  • 2 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    Bloomberg Video: HP May Debut New WebOS Device in 2013.
    The video is a phone interview made by Bloomberg.

Meg Whitman, chief executive officer of Hewlett Packard Co., talks with Bloomberg's Aaron Ricadela about the company's plan to give away its WebOS operating system to outside developers and the outlook for HP's release of a new device running the software in 2013. Bill Veghte, who runs the company's software business, also speaks.

thanks. what was the date of the interview?

edit: so she says may develop a device or two in 2013 and she doesn't know whether it will be printers but it will not be smartphones.

so if no one picks up webOS, HP may or may not debut a device and it may be a printer.
    If others pick up webOS, maybe HP will develop "a device or two"--leaving the door open for a printer and a tablet
    No development on smartphones, she was clear about that.
    And no development currently on PCs.

So what's Jon doing?
    Last edited by bluenote; 12/16/2011 at 01:15 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post

edit: so she says may develop a device or two in 2013 and she doesn't know whether it will be printers but it will not be smartphones.

so if no one picks up webOS, HP may or may not debut a device and it may be a printer.
    If others pick up webOS, maybe HP will develop "a device or two"--leaving the door open for a printer and a tablet

So what's Jon doing?
    Dec 9th after the webos open source announcement.

Jon? Dunno
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts

So what's Jon doing?
    If I was Meg, I would leave out Jon. Hire some hardy engineers from Apple and Google, then go all out again.

And, this time, I will make sure "reality is distorted". Another device in next six months.
    p41m3r likes this.
    I think Apple has all the patents for the Reality Distortion Field.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    C-Note and gbp like this.

So what's Jon doing?
    HP is seriously missing the boat in my opinion. People like tablets, people NEED phone. Many people will swap out a phone at every contract change. Whoever does the best with integrating their tablet and phone OS will gain marketshare in both phones and tablets.

At some point the phone may even become an integral accessory to the tablet. ("Our Tablet works best with .... mobile phone system")
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )