View Poll Results: Where do I go from here???

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • WebOS for Life baby!!!

6 50.00%
  • Droid FTW!!!

1 8.33%
  • iPhone Rules!!!

4 33.33%
  • Give me a Crackberry!

0 0%
  • WP7 to rule all others!!!

1 8.33%
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I am a day one Pre- user that is on the Sprint newtork (not switching as price too good) and am on the last leg of my 5th Palm Pre-. My question is where to go form here? I want the eco system of having a Tablet that interacts with my phone. I have two TPs but am in the market for another tablet as well. The way I see it the options are as follows:

1) Stay Pre- and just get a new one off EBay, this keeps me on WebOS and HOPING another company picks up the phone business. This seems unlikely to happen any time soon, but I am reluctant to give up the BEST mobile OS around. I already can no longer log into my Palm Profile and hear synergy might vanish, so that also has me worried.

2) Go android - Sprint has some OK Droid phones and ICS looks promising. The new transformer Prime with it's Quard core is the sexiest tablet on the horizon. But having to suffer thought till ICS and the security concearns have me a little worried. Also hear that using multiple accounts is no where near as friendly a synergy.

3) Go iPhone - This i probably the most integrated of the Eco Systems to date and the specs on the iPad 3 look pretty solid (for rumors). But iOS isn't the best by any means (in my experience) and there is the mandatory iTunes and the price premium that comes with all that is Apple.

4) Go Blackberry - I realize this is also a dying OS, but they do have a few decent phones coming out and the possibility of Droid apps coming over. The risk that this will even be around in a year is also ever present.

5) WP7 - Very limited on phones on Sprint but Mango looks pretty solid and the integration with having W8 on a tablet could be pretty sweet. But they are already falling off and W8 on a tablet looks to be a long ways off, and that alone could really hurt WP7.

So where do I go from here? Who else has made this jump? Who else is looking and why? If you made the jump, is there anything that has made you say WOW? This is great community and I respect your input on this, thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    You neglected the best alternative: go FrankenPre2. I did just a few weeks ago, and it's truly a new lease on webOS life.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    You neglected the best alternative: go FrankenPre2. I did just a few weeks ago, and it's truly a new lease on webOS life.
    I have thought about that but am a little Nervous about trying to mod it on my own. I do not have a lot of experience with that and that is a decent $200 gamble. I know if I do that I lose sprint nav, do I lose all location services? Are there any other negatives?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I went to Windows Phone 7 though there is a Nexus S and Pre 3 tucked underneath my bed. WP7 seems to be the only thing that is intuitive as webOS.