Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    my predictions:

it sounds like they might keep it after all - look at some stuff of late - they offer up refurb touchpads - if they were totally ditching it, why bother to sell stuff from HP-ebay that you would then have to support, why work on webos 3.0.5, why is picsel smart office creating office editing apps for a dead phone and why in the heck is astraware wasting time with a new majong game - they must have inside information passed on to top level dev's like astraware that they are planning to keep it.....all speculation of course

and why does hp blog a story now about controlling an MRI machine with a touchpad if it's a totally abandoned product
    cobrakon likes this.
  3. R42
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    cmon support webOS!
    "we haven't really made a decision yet. this meeting is just to inform you of our status that we still haven't made a decision yet, and we're currently in the process of deciding whether or not we really do want to make a decision or not. this decision was a hard one to make, but one that i truly believe to be in hp's best interest. remember, we're in this for the long run. we wouldn't want to decide too soon. we want to think this one through." - meg whitman, CEO, hewlett packard
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

5.    #5  
    I hear you bro--thread here by the way

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...recentral.html
    <merged>
  7.    #7  
    I think a lot of people would be interested in a product that does not have carrier iq on it--I'm sure a lot of people were dismayed. Even apple had carrier iq on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I think a lot of people would be interested in a product that does not have carrier iq on it--I'm sure a lot of people were dismayed. Even apple had carrier iq on it.
    I don't think that most people have any idea what carrier IQ is, nor would they buy a phone just because of this.

I think HP will keep webOS but I can't see any carrier taking their phones unless they dominate the Tablet business. If they can unveil a state of the art tablet at CES and release it a week or two later they have a fighting chance but I don't think that timetable is possible.
    i think its over. i hope not but if i worked on an app for some time and the platform is going down, i think i would push it out as fast as i could. not to say that the apps they have are not ready but to say for the time spent on it, it would be nice to get some revenue back.

Everyone see things differently and will interpret it as they see it. (Same as i do).
    I have the 4s now and to me, webos is so much better in lots of ways. it just needed some more cool features that the rest of the phones have. they really needed to open up some more API's so Dev's could really show the coolness of webos.

Now if you was to sell the OS would you still push out updates to make it better for won't-to-be buyers. If you could put a 1000.00 dollars in a car and make 3000.00 off the upgrades, why would you not do it.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    All hands isn't good news really - either sale or folding. If they were keeping it they would do a big press event I would think.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    I would have to agree with you. Make it a big deal and hope you can gain some respect back.

I can't imagine an all hands meeting with a major decision on webos without a major press release to the public and hp's investors...

if so, expect some sort of announcement concurrent to this meeting or just before..

please, save webos.

its all I want for christmas!
    Bad news typically comes on Friday's. Sometimes even before Christmas. I'm expecting they will let WebOS remain dormant and value the patents they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I can't imagine an all hands meeting with a major decision on webos without a major press release to the public and hp's investors...

if so, expect some sort of announcement concurrent to this meeting or just before..

please, save webos.

its all I want for christmas!
    The impression I get from Whitman is that she wants to re-install an employee first environment. That was clear with the all hands meeting to basically answer their questions and assure them she was doing her diligence. Leo definitely had the feel of a board/investor CEO and I think that making the announcement (whatever it is) to the employees first will at least accomplish one of her goals.
    its time to try and save face.

HP's stock suffered last time with Leo's announcement. This time they will try not to take a big hit on stock. Its always whats best for the co. not the people with a big cooperation like HP.

Prediction: Whitman will announce that a decision on webOS will be made in the coming weeks.
    aaaand every few weeks she throws us another bone.... and we remain ever so hopeful.
    sorry guys but i think webos is done for as of tomorrow. i agree with what rod said on the front page, i hope they open source it at least but im afraid it's over.
    Even if they open source it and a group port it to a bunch of devices, what's the fun if you know the servers will go down in a year or two's time?
  20.    #20  
    Description
    EG-Senior Software engineer Java/C++ for Smart phone software dev_Wuhan(BECOM/D 2009001618RQ1017)-672629
    Description
    Position:
    Senior Software engineer - Java/C++ for Smart phone software dev.
    Descriptions: To be a key member of the HP Software Solution team for customers in Europe, America, and large and medium-size enterprises in China. To offer consultation on IT infrastructure management, IT processing solutions, and customizing, testing, maintaining, managing and coordinating the HP software. Potential values of taking the job: ? You will have an international-standard working environment in service, consulting, and implementation, which will cultivate you into a person of comprehensive and professional abilities. ? You will work on consultation and delivery concerning HP Software Solution. It makes you a red-hot and competent person in the job market. ? You will work in a multi-national environment where you may achieve a free and fluent English communication capability. ? You will meet the customers' needs, manage their expectations and have a chance to become a software consultant expert.
    Qualifications
    Qualifications: ? Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or related field ? A minimum of 3 years Java development experiences ? A minimum of 3~4 years smart-phone development experiences on any of mainstream handphone platform ( WindowsMobile/ Andriod/ iPhone/ Symbian/ webOS) ? Good oral and written English (CET 4 or above) ? Strong problem analyzing and solving capability ? Good communication skills, teamwork spirit and professional dedication ? Knowledge on the basic principles, usages and maintenance methods in databases like Oracle, MSSQL ? Has experience on version control and software release management ? Knowledge of one of Joomla/Typo3/Drupal CMS is an advantage ? Knowledge on mobile phone development frameworks such as PhoneGAP is an advantage Preferred work experience as follows: ? Work experience on multi smartphone platform ? Web Portal development experiences with JavaScript (jQuery), PHP, HTML/CSS ? Experience of system/network Administration in large or medium-size enterprises.*
    Job*-*Services
    Primary Location*-*China-HuBei - Wuhan
    Schedule*-*Full-time
    Job Type*-*Experienced
    Shift*-*Day Job
    Travel*-*No
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast