Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
Like Tree6Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    The impression I get from Whitman is that she wants to re-install an employee first environment. That was clear with the all hands meeting to basically answer their questions and assure them she was doing her diligence. Leo
    definitely had the feel of a board/investor CEO and I think that making the announcement (whatever it is) to the employees first will at least accomplish one
    of her goals.
    however, she is also ceo of a large publicly traded company. If they decide to keep or dismantle webos, or something in between, it will affect hp's stock price, one way or another. The employees cannot be the first to know what hp's plans are with webos- for example if webos is staying and they have formed a license deal with a major manufacturer or are selling it to another company, this type of decision has a big influence on hp stock and hp will be required to have some type of public announcement.
    on the flip side, if they are closing shop or breaking down webos into software for printers, etc. That is not major news they may go ahead with the employee meeting.

    come to think of it, I'm really rooting for a public announcement before 1030 am PT!
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    however, she is also ceo of a large publicly traded company. If they decide to keep or dismantle webos, or something in between, it will affect hp's stock price, one way or another. The employees cannot be the first to know what hp's plans are with webos- for example if webos is staying and they have formed a license deal with a major manufacturer or are selling it to another company, this type of decision has a big influence on hp stock and hp will be required to have some type of public announcement.
    on the flip side, if they are closing shop or breaking down webos into software for printers, etc. That is not major news they may go ahead with the employee meeting.

    come to think of it, I'm really rooting for a public announcement before 1030 am PT!
    i won't lie ive prepared myself for the worst. im almost waiting to come on here and see the headlines "webos is done". i don't think there would be any press statement at all.

    an "all hands" meeting on a friday is never a good sign at any company. it would suck for anyone to get laid off right before xmas but it's life and we all know it happens.
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 12/08/2011 at 09:53 PM.
  3. #23  
    I think that HP will keep WebOS; but only on tablets, printers, and maybe servers. No more WebOS on phones.
  4. Davey123's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    #24  
    My IT department ordered me a Slate 2 with a wireless keyboard and case about 3 weeks ago. I was informed by my IT department that HP sent them an email message yesterday informing them that the delivery of my Slate 2 will be delayed until January. Do you think this is related to the event tomorrow? I'm just curious.
  5. #25  
    it's all making sense why they are having this firesale on sunday too.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey123 View Post
    My IT department ordered me a Slate 2 with a wireless keyboard and case about 3 weeks ago. I was informed by my IT department that HP sent them an email message yesterday informing them that the delivery of my Slate 2 will be delayed until January. Do you think this is related to the event tomorrow? I'm just curious.
    doesn't the slate run windows? i doubt it has anything to do with it.
  7. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey123 View Post
    My IT department ordered me a Slate 2 with a wireless keyboard and case about 3 weeks ago. I was informed by my IT department that HP sent them an email message yesterday informing them that the delivery of my Slate 2 will be delayed until January. Do you think this is related to the event tomorrow? I'm just curious.
    Hardly, the Slate is part of another division
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  8. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    it's all making sense why they are having this firesale on sunday too.
    Probably more to do with holiday time being good to reduce inventory.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  9. #29  
    Recent 'webOSinternals' Tweet:

    "I predict webOS will not be sold, not be kept as a consumer device OS, and be supported only for the minimum legally required period by HP."

    ?
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/08/2011 at 10:40 PM.
  10. #30  
    I think they keep it. But they will probably use it for tablets only perhaps printers. Im more unsecure about the whole smartphone business.
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
  11. #31  
    I think that I have nothing more to think...

    If continue, ok... if not, ok too... I'm tired about all this case...

    "Defer is the best way of deny!"


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    however, she is also ceo of a large publicly traded company. If they decide to keep or dismantle webos, or something in between, it will affect hp's stock price, one way or another. The employees cannot be the first to know what hp's plans are with webos- for example if webos is staying and they have formed a license deal with a major manufacturer or are selling it to another company, this type of decision has a big influence on hp stock and hp will be required to have some type of public announcement.
    on the flip side, if they are closing shop or breaking down webos into software for printers, etc. That is not major news they may go ahead with the employee meeting.

    come to think of it, I'm really rooting for a public announcement before 1030 am PT!
    They only have to make a public statement if there's a deal with someone, or they're going to dismantle it. If they keep it, it's bussiness as usual.
    Last edited by deCorvett; 12/09/2011 at 09:33 AM.
  13. gihmley's Avatar
    Posts
    126 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #33  
    A month ago, I would have said it was a done deal, that WebOS was kaput. But, given Meg's recent positive comments, I find myself hoping for some good news, though I'm tempering my enthusiasm with a good amount of healthy scepticism...
    -= Gihmley =-

    Alas, poor WebOS... we barely knew ye...
  14. #34  
    Black humor via "The Atlantic Wire"
    You plug your phone in?
  15.    #35  
    CNBC writer in favor of keeping webOS, thinks its a make or break decision for Meg

    News Headlines
  16. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    CNBC writer in favor of keeping webOS, thinks its a make or break decision for Meg

    News Headlines
    If HP's serious about the consumer market

    This is the big issue - I don't think it is - I think it was forced into keeping the PSG (High volume and revenue but tiny profit) and will simply do what it needs to do to keep that bit ticking over while concentrating on higher margin items in enterprise.
  17. #37  
    Rumors are they are taking it open source
  18.    #38  
    positives of open source?
    negatives?

    tell us your thoughts
  19. #39  
    Open source it is. Love it. Wish it had a partner, but this is great news for the webOS faithfuls!
    Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700wx -> Palm Pre -> TouchPad
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarcomb View Post
    Open source it is. Love it. Wish it had a partner, but this is great news for the webOS faithfuls!
    This is either the best thing for webos..or the worst. To early to tell yet..I mean it needs partners..it needs a HTC or a samsung....It needs HP to still develop the core OS and continue to update it and set hardware standards so the userbase does not get divided.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions